What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Mechanic in a Tin

All models
nedski
Serial Poster

Mechanic in a Tin

Postby nedski » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:54 pm

I don't normally do Additives. They are like me in the bedroom, promise the world but usually end in disappointment and no satisfaction. But for one time only I'm making a recommendation.

My old 5 was smoking like a twitch heap, at a twitch heap and bonfire convention down the local allotments. Only on start up for a couple of minutes. Valve stem oil seals are the most likely culprit having gone hard and brittle. So with little spare time or enthusiasm to pull the head off i reached for the bottle.

Forte seal conditioner.
description- restores elastomer properties to tired oil seals, minimise oil leaks past valve stem oil seals, reduce exhaust smoking.
I put it in and forgot about it. 3 weeks later and my little baby has kicked her smoking habit.
I've used Forte products for years and they are mainly a trade only product. But for once I'll recomend it.
Mk1 1.6 Turbo. Gaz shocks. Tr Lane roll bar.
Garage Owner, Lincolshire
Helper to the Scunny track day crew and North Linc's Track Day Club.
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
nedski
Serial Poster

Re: Mechanic in a Tin

Postby nedski » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Forte have been around ages and is generally sold to the trade I believe.
I Don't have a link- I have a man with a van deliver. :-D

They used to do one of the best engine flushes around and many Main dealers only recommend Forte.

Googled for you.
http://www.forteuk.co.uk/

Like I say, I don't believe half the hype of these products but sometimes they do work.

Diesel injector cleaner never seems to work tbh. Oh how i wish it did!!

I think they are trade only because of the high strength and ingredients used.
Mk1 1.6 Turbo. Gaz shocks. Tr Lane roll bar.
Garage Owner, Lincolshire
Helper to the Scunny track day crew and North Linc's Track Day Club.
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk

Return to “Miscellaneous (NA/NB/NC/ND)”