What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Changing diff oil

al_p

Changing the diff oil

Postby al_p » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Ok now for the diff , yet again you will need the same tools ratchet and 23mm -24mm socket and the homebrew shitfiller3000

this is a mega easy job (when you squirt both bolts with wd40 the day before)

undo the bottom drain bolt on the diff 24mm should do it and let all the oil drain out then re-install the drain plug.

once you have done this its time to refill so undo the fill plug just up to the right (as in picture below) which in most diffs is a 23mm socket if not it should be a 24mm. now insert the shitfiller3000 into the fill hole and start filling (i fill diffs until the oil starts to overflow out of the fill plug and thats about spot on how much you need )

it about 2-2.5 ltrs for the gearbox and about 1ltr for the diff 75w90.

to follow is a guide on checking and replacing oil in turret but for the moment i cannot do this due to the rubber on my turret being in a very bad condition and in need of replacement.

if your gearstick to turret seal looks like this do not fill with oil , replace seal then fill or it will just seep out causing a mess on the drive :)
I remember the days when ‘Blue Ray’ was an elderly gentleman who drowned in our local swimming pool.

Return to “Transmission and drivetrain”