What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Reliving my youth

Introduce yourself here. Tell us all about your passions and your pride and joy. We wont bite.
Livio Palmieri
New

Reliving my youth

Postby Livio Palmieri » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi, ended up buying a Eunos the other week at the age of 57. Work colleagues think i'm going through a mid-life crisis. I would say an 'old age crisis'! Have since bought a couple of classic minis as well - am I losing the plot?!
drumtochty

Re: Reliving my youth

Postby drumtochty » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Yes!
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Some might say that 50 is the new 40 so mid life crisis.

I bought my first mx when I was 45, wish I could afford and had the room for a few more!!

So as for classic minis, in my book not a problem, at least they are proper minis and not a bmw that simply carry the name.

I would love to have my old clubman back with all its Cooper running gear, happy days they were, now wheres my rose tinted glasses

:laughing-rolling:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:00 am

Welcome to Menderland! Let`s see some photos :text-welcomewave:

My midlife crisis started 10 years ago when i bought my first 5 aged 50 (me not the car)..............on my 3rd Roadster now.

As for Mini`s i had one for a few months when i was 17 & was forever working on the poxy thing...........never again lol

:text-worthless:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:18 am

My mid life crises start when i was 16,I am 50 now lol...no such thing as a mid life crises ...just petrol heads with a passion :handgestures-thumbup:
:text-welcomewave: to menders buddy,,,,lets see the old girl... :handgestures-thumbup: :coffee:

:wink:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
GlennyGills

Postby GlennyGills » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 pm

I had a mini, but it was so old it was still called an Austin Seven. Thoroughly enjoyed tinkering with it. Swapping 11/4Inch SU carb for the bigger 11/2 inch jobby. Lovely times. Brakes never worked though.
'96 Gleneagles MeisterR Coilovers - engine bling stainless mx5parts full exhaust
scunninghamk
Just Run In

Postby scunninghamk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 pm

I bought mine aged 58! I'm not even mature yet... or so my wife says!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Livio Palmieri
New

Postby Livio Palmieri » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 pm

GlennyGills wrote:I had a mini, but it was so old it was still called an Austin Seven. Thoroughly enjoyed tinkering with it. Swapping 11/4Inch SU carb for the bigger 11/2 inch jobby. Lovely times. Brakes never worked though.

My first car was a mini at 17. Forever adjusting the drum brakes so that I could try and pull up in a straight line from speed!
Livio Palmieri
New

Postby Livio Palmieri » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Mazda Mender wrote:My mid life crises start when i was 16,I am 50 now lol...no such thing as a mid life crises ...just petrol heads with a passion :handgestures-thumbup:
:text-welcomewave: to menders buddy,,,,lets see the old girl... :handgestures-thumbup: :coffee:

:wink:
M-m

I agree with you totally - car nuts with a passion for classic machines
storm
Site Admin

Postby storm » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Wanted a mk1 since early 1990, finally bought one in 2014. Never too late to enjoy an MX5. Welcome to the Menders, please share pics
1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young!
NigelLockett

Postby NigelLockett » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 am

Bought my first Mk 1 5 years ago. Drove it till the MOT ran out and put it in the garage. Moved house and sold it. Regretted it and bought another Mk 1 last summer. Loved every minute of it. Thrashed it. Had it sideways more than it was in a straight line. Loving every time I get in this car and I'm 53. Mid life crisis? No way. Just enjoying life.

Return to “Welcome desk”