What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
Members and searchers please be aware that some of our 'how to' guides do not currently show the intended help photos. This is because photobucket wants to charge a monthly amount for us to view our own pics. The photos are currently being replaced. If you need one of our guides and it is missing pics please let one of the Admin team know and we will make that one a priority for you.
Regards
Admin

What have you done to your MX5 today/yesterday?

General chat on all things Mx/Roadster
blackyb
Serial Poster

Re: What have you done to your MX5 today/yesterday?

Postby blackyb » Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 pm

So a used set of Mm supplied Mk2 suspension units as removed from our little girl, anyone interested drop me a line (PM)

250517 009.JPG
250517 009.JPG (513.8 KiB) Viewed 660 times
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (Why did I sell it!!!!)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 am

Shadgrind wrote:I am beginning to get the old 5 ready for sale, polished up the virtually black front grille, only to find it was actually chrome Image
Even close up good old drill and mop head plus Solvol and a small globule of elbow grease

Then I thought I would use it as a template to make up a new one. ImageImage

Still to do...

Swap the Lexus lights over to new car. ...and the thing I am dreading... taking the chassis rails, from P5 off the old and on the new one.

Well....

I have not sold either of my mk2s. I have however got a Mk3 NC, 2.0l with the option pack!?! 2007 vintage for the princely sum of..... drumroll please! £4300. 33,000 miles.

Dark metallic grey, with some sort of phone kit, looks like a Parrot, with no screen and the centre knob has obviously been cleaned with something that made it all sticky (acetone?).

I believe it is an ‘I.O’ having a quick google I think it should have a screen, I managed to make a phone call through it, initiating the cal on my phone. When I tried streaming through it but it sound awful any ideas?
Mk2 Twilight Blue. 1.8
GV Front Lip, Rear Wing. Blue LED instrument Lights. Direnza coil overs lowered quite a bit.
JDM handbrake and gear lever. K&N air filter, STD airbox.
Reversing sensors, rear view mirror display. De Tangoed lights, fitted silvered bulbs in indicators. LED sidelights. Heated seat pads fitted into seats two stage heating.
Gas strut from Corsa and remote boot solenoid!
Mk1 OPG & sender, modded temp gauge so it works (they don't normally)!
Rear spoiler, BMW clock. Mk2.5 centre console and clocks. Nardi leather steering wheel.
Low fuel Autolink light.
Ram air pipe fitted, taking air from scuttle.
Style bar.
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 pm

My “new” 5, the nc is being repaired after being involved in a crash on the M4. My gf was shocked as it the first crash she was involved in, Image
AndImage
And

The one thing about me is I have been in so many crashes from racing bikes is that after a torrent of filth being uttered by me, I was totally calm, the driver of the rented Transit van, was in tears for a bit.
The good news is that I should be getting it back on my birthday!

The quote for the repair is £2608.14! Bearing in mind I only paid £4300 for it I was surprised to see that.

The bad news is Enterprise, the owners of the Transit, have given me a ‘boat’ to drive around in. A Nissan Qashki, I don’t know how it’s spelt, nor am I prepared to look it up, or for that matter look at it unnecessarily! It is soggy to drive and, sways about like George Best, Ollie Reed and Gazza walking home from the pub!
Mk2 Twilight Blue. 1.8
GV Front Lip, Rear Wing. Blue LED instrument Lights. Direnza coil overs lowered quite a bit.
JDM handbrake and gear lever. K&N air filter, STD airbox.
Reversing sensors, rear view mirror display. De Tangoed lights, fitted silvered bulbs in indicators. LED sidelights. Heated seat pads fitted into seats two stage heating.
Gas strut from Corsa and remote boot solenoid!
Mk1 OPG & sender, modded temp gauge so it works (they don't normally)!
Rear spoiler, BMW clock. Mk2.5 centre console and clocks. Nardi leather steering wheel.
Low fuel Autolink light.
Ram air pipe fitted, taking air from scuttle.
Style bar.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Yeap they are all the same, whales of the roads, hate them all in that design.
Glad no one was hurt and all being repaired, get it all up on your build thread.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 fettling,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 being rebuilt,
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 (claimed by daughter)
Mk 1 Eunos 96 1.8 blue B2...being fettled
Mk1 Eunos 93 1.6 black S special **gone**
http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
blackyb
Serial Poster

Postby blackyb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Having taken the day off and while waiting for a Yodel parcel delivery and a no show from the SKY technician, drained, flushed and refilled the Eunos with nice clean coolant.

Bloody freezing now, but at least the Eunos won't freeze up.

Roll on the warmer drier months.

:auto-layrubber:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (Why did I sell it!!!!)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!

Return to “Mx/Roadster Chat and Banter”