What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

What have you done to your MX5 today/yesterday?

General chat on all things Mx/Roadster
blackyb

Re: What have you done to your MX5 today/yesterday?

Postby blackyb » Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 pm

So a used set of Mm supplied Mk2 suspension units as removed from our little girl, anyone interested drop me a line (PM)

250517 009.JPG
250517 009.JPG (513.8 KiB) Viewed 16297 times
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 am

Shadgrind wrote:I am beginning to get the old 5 ready for sale, polished up the virtually black front grille, only to find it was actually chrome Image
Even close up good old drill and mop head plus Solvol and a small globule of elbow grease

Then I thought I would use it as a template to make up a new one. ImageImage

Still to do...

Swap the Lexus lights over to new car. ...and the thing I am dreading... taking the chassis rails, from P5 off the old and on the new one.

Well....

I have not sold either of my mk2s. I have however got a Mk3 NC, 2.0l with the option pack!?! 2007 vintage for the princely sum of..... drumroll please! £4300. 33,000 miles.

Dark metallic grey, with some sort of phone kit, looks like a Parrot, with no screen and the centre knob has obviously been cleaned with something that made it all sticky (acetone?).

I believe it is an ‘I.O’ having a quick google I think it should have a screen, I managed to make a phone call through it, initiating the cal on my phone. When I tried streaming through it but it sound awful any ideas?
Mk4 Machine Grey 2.0 184BHP, SE-L + Nav and Apple Carplay
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 pm

My “new” 5, the nc is being repaired after being involved in a crash on the M4. My gf was shocked as it the first crash she was involved in, Image
AndImage
And

The one thing about me is I have been in so many crashes from racing bikes is that after a torrent of filth being uttered by me, I was totally calm, the driver of the rented Transit van, was in tears for a bit.
The good news is that I should be getting it back on my birthday!

The quote for the repair is £2608.14! Bearing in mind I only paid £4300 for it I was surprised to see that.

The bad news is Enterprise, the owners of the Transit, have given me a ‘boat’ to drive around in. A Nissan Qashki, I don’t know how it’s spelt, nor am I prepared to look it up, or for that matter look at it unnecessarily! It is soggy to drive and, sways about like George Best, Ollie Reed and Gazza walking home from the pub!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Yeap they are all the same, whales of the roads, hate them all in that design.
Glad no one was hurt and all being repaired, get it all up on your build thread.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Having taken the day off and while waiting for a Yodel parcel delivery and a no show from the SKY technician, drained, flushed and refilled the Eunos with nice clean coolant.

Bloody freezing now, but at least the Eunos won't freeze up.

Roll on the warmer drier months.

:auto-layrubber:
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:47 am

Just installed this…Image from Fleabay. Sounds quite deep but not in obtrusive.

I actually managed to get the old one off without hassle, sprayed the nuts with penetrating spray (actually used drill cutting oil) next morning hit it hard with a blowtorch, then used a deep impact socket hammered on the nut. And bingo
. All off undamaged.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Took the old girl for her yearly health check and passed with flying colours and not even a hint of an advisory, day was made even better with the renewal quote from Adrian Flux, a whopping increase of just £2.00, yes TWO English Pounds more than last year, no one could touch them so hats off to Dan and the clan.
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 am

Drove it :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:

Another week away road trip in the ole girl. Roof down all day every day of course. Now to wash off all the flies :eek:

ps...........What have i missed? :coffee:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:34 pm

So today after spending quite few weekends servicing mates mx5s and the family dailey drivers, finally managed to get the lil red un up on the 3in1 lift.

Oil and filter, fuel filter, K&N panel filter cleaned and re-oiled (still have the Piper Cross cone filter to fit) coolant changed after a good flush.

Plugs checked and put back in (the have only done 2k since being fitted last year).

Brakes all stripped, cleaned and rebuilt up.

All underseal checked and touched up where needed, removed all wheel arch plastics in the process (one small area touched up)

Real good look around and no obvious signs of the dreaded rust bugs.

Checked about everything I could and all looks good.

So a trip to the garage for a full tank of nice clean fuel followed by a little shake down run. All she wants now is a spring clean and polish and away we go.

And before any says it

:text-worthless:

Too busy to take any :bow-yellow: .
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Full underbody rustproofing begins....

Following instructions found below
https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst87727_Mk4-Underseal-How-To.aspx

Jacking Ramps

Just come up for air after doing the underneath work on my ND2 184BHP jobbie, on my own, as ever. But these ramps are a real game changer. I backed the car onto the ramps, then jacked it up to the top, the rear of the car is nearly three feet in the air! Shipping bungs not fitted but one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned o((n the OC forum), is that, if you take the plastic ''kick plate'' covers off you can get easy access from above. in my case I could see through the hole where the bung goes from above!

2 tins of Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 And the best part of two Bilt Hamber UB. I have done the chassis rails under the car an the rear subframe including the areas around the rear shocks and along the back under the rear heat shield I covered the grey areas under the boot floor corners. The Creeper Mat is also a godsend when workign on tarmac that's not billiard table smooth as well..

Creeper Mat

This is not me by the way!

All I have to do now is from subframe/rails, the area around the front shocks & take off the arch liners and ancillaries, go to work on exposed areas in the engine bay. My fourth MX5, will NOT be killed by tinworm! I intend keeping this 'till the end of my days as I fear the next MX5 will be, dare I even say it, an EV. I will never buy an EV as long as I can draw breath!

My back is now totalled :violin:

Any opinions or advice, greatly appreciated.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:20 am

Shadgrind wrote:Full underbody rustproofing begins....

Jacking Ramps

Just come up for air after doing the underneath work on my ND2 184BHP jobbie, on my own, as ever. But these ramps are a real game changer. I backed the car onto the ramps, then jacked it up to the top, the rear of the car is nearly three feet in the air! Shipping bungs not fitted but one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned o((n the OC forum), is that, if you take the plastic ''kick plate'' covers off you can get easy access from above. in my case I could see through the hole where the bung goes from above!

2 tins of Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 And the best part of two Bilt Hamber UB. I have done the chassis rails under the car an the rear subframe including the areas around the rear shocks and along the back under the rear heat shield I covered the grey areas under the boot floor corners. The Creeper Mat is also a godsend when workign on tarmac that's not billiard table smooth as well..

Creeper Mat

This is not me by the way!

All I have to do now is from subframe/rails, the area around the front shocks & take off the arch liners and ancillaries, go to work on exposed areas in the engine bay. My fourth MX5, will NOT be killed by tinworm! I intend keeping this 'till the end of my days as I fear the next MX5 will be, dare I even say it, an EV. I will never buy an EV as long as I can draw breath!

That does not cover everything we recommend, i'll put something together with the next MK 4 in....

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6175

M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:13 am

Mazda Mender wrote:
Shadgrind wrote:Full underbody rustproofing begins....

-------snipp snip-----

That does not cover everything we recommend, i'll put something together with the next MK 4 in....

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6175

M-m
:text-goodpost:

Loved the pics, I feel sure, MM can do better than the OC! Most of the pics were better too!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:10 am

I have a MK 4 due, i'll take pics of the whole process buddy.
M-m

Damnitswet
Just Run In

Postby Damnitswet » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Today has been a basic paint correction. Ignore the stone chipped sill/arch repair that's for another day, or two. Today was wash, clay with regular Belt Hamber clay as it only needs water for lube. Then a treatment of Bilt Hamber Auto-Balm. Used this lots before and it's really good at filling swirls and other small problems to keep things going until a proper polish. I think she looks pretty good.

IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0447.jpeg (757.14 KiB) Viewed 12997 times

IMG_0446.jpeg
IMG_0446.jpeg (772.78 KiB) Viewed 12997 times

IMG_0448.jpeg
IMG_0448.jpeg (735.94 KiB) Viewed 12997 times
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Mines tucked up in the dry till better weather.

Bit of a wuss maybe but she went away bone dry and can stay that way.

What polish are you using. Never heard of it ?
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

Return to “Mx/Roadster Chat and Banter”