What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
Having problems logging in? Please clear your cache and remove the MazdaMenders related cookie from your browser.
If you need assistance doing this, don't hesitate to contact us on FaceBook or email forum-admin@mazdamenders.net stating the browser you use.

Regards
Admin

ND RF Preview Day

General chat on all things Mx/Roadster
hoodedreeper
Regular

ND RF Preview Day

Postby hoodedreeper » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 pm

I was invited to the MX5 ND RF Preview Day at EMG Motor Company in Cambridge along with the Eastern Region. They had a display of cars showing the various types. I was asked to be the 'Modified' category.

I got a chance to drive a 2.0 RF. Having only driven the NA's that i own/owned,driving anything newer was going to be strange. Its incredibly comfy inside (stock interior,sadly not the recaro edition),it drives smooth,gear changes were tight and short and the steering is very responsive. Keyless entry and the BOSE system are nice features aswell as the sat nav monitor in the centre. Sadly i didn't drive with the roof down,but a few people have reported back with wind issues with it down? Not too sure about that,so dont take that as gospel.

Overall,very very impressed. Sadly the other half won't let me get one just yet (i even suggested getting rid of the Purple MX for it!) Guess i better start saving lol

Anyway,here are a selection of photos,the full album can be seen on my Flickr (you'll see i'm abit bias when it came to taking photos :P) >> FLICKR ALBUM <<

blackyb
Serial Poster

Re: ND RF Preview Day

Postby blackyb » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Personally, I would keep the purple monster, it looks like an mx should do and obviously well loved and cherished.

Personal choice and all that but I just dont like the exterior styling of Mazda's new attempts to lure me in.

But what do I know :confusion-confused:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (Why did I sell it!!!!)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:06 pm

If it came down to it,i don't think i could give up on the Monster especially with how much i've spent on it lol
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:27 am

I was at a pre-launch event in Aug 2015 with the drop top it was a nice car but!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Sir, your 30,000 mile, 2008 Sport is now worth £5,000 or whatever and this car is £22,000.

If you give Mazda £17,000 of your dosh we can guarantee that the car will at best be worth £15,000 as a trade in 18 months’ time.

I left the money in my pocket.
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
blackyb
Serial Poster

Postby blackyb » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 pm

To me, the new 5s just don't look like a 5 should look, they are loosing their identity and taking shapes and styles from other makes and models, maybe rose tinted glasses and all that but!!!

I wont be rushing to buy one any time soon!!
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (Why did I sell it!!!!)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm

drumtochty wrote:I was at a pre-launch event in Aug 2015 with the drop top it was a nice car but!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Sir, your 30,000 mile, 2008 Sport is now worth £5,000 or whatever and this car is £22,000.

If you give Mazda £17,000 of your dosh we can guarantee that the car will at best be worth £15,000 as a trade in 18 months’ time.

I left the money in my pocket.

Is there any other new car that's any different? They all lose a big chunk of value as soon as they are driven off the forecourt.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:03 pm

Agreed all new cars loose a fortune in the first few years.
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:50 pm

They have worked hard to get the driver feel like the MK 1 had, and they are close with the MK 4, but.......... after having one to strip down for undersealing and removing the skip full of plastic trim from underneath and seeing how they have cut weight, i would not get one new, plus there was a couple of things that did not float my bout to lay out for one personally .
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 being rebuilt,
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 (claimed by daughter)
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ...being rebuilt

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Seanjd
New

Postby Seanjd » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 pm

I drove the RF recently. Love the styling and look of it, but for me I preferred the soft top.

So much so, I have just bought one!

Return to “Mx/Roadster Chat and Banter”