What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

My '91 V-Special

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
Mickcafc
Regular

Re: My '91 V-Special

Postby Mickcafc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Fleabay ÂŁ6.50
binarypunk

Postby binarypunk » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Mickcafc wrote:Fleabay ÂŁ6.50

With the required markings?

Don't forget, there is no problem with having 2 plates on test day as long as one of them is legal. :-)
Jon - UK Mk1 1.6 1993 Classic Red

Check out my MX5 mods and tools:
http://www.binarypunk.co.uk
Need spares? Go to Autolink!
http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 am

My sticky plate doesn't have any E marks. It doesn't have the manufacturers postcode either which is also a requirement. The backing isn't reflective, just white.
Never had a problem at MoT time. I have the standard plate in the boot. I just tell them to stick it on the front of the car to pass the MoT if they need it but they never bother. Why would they? They know it will be off again before it even leaves the MoT station! In fact for the last 5 years or so I haven't even bothered taking the standard plate and they never mention it.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
Pendric Lumpybeard
Regular

Postby Pendric Lumpybeard » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:02 pm

First update for a bit, finally started getting some of my Jass / leather bits into the interior. Other than that, the car hasn't needed anything doing :handgestures-thumbup: and has been totally reliable as my winter daily driver. That's cursed it, of course!

So, couple of pics of my leather covered console with the Jass retro window switches (which I really like, very heavy duty and nice feel to them) which I've just put in , along with a new gear gaiter. I've also done a leather covered crash pad and have the radio tombstone and instrument binnacle to go. Bit scared of doing that one, it has to be said :shock: It was a bit of a b*gger to do the centre one and get it relatively wrinkle free.

The plate round the gear lever is also a Jass stainless one, which I actually decided I'd like better in black, so I gave it a coat of satin black and then made up a mask for the 'Roadster' logo with a printer label and scalpel to cut it out, sprayed silver then finished off freeehand. The result is OK, if you don't look too close at it :wink:

Best get on and finish the other bits then :whistle: Though getting distracted by the thought of making some TSIs at the moment...
1991BRG V-Special

New and figuring it all out!
When I grow up I want to be a proper Mazda Mender.
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:13 pm

:text-goodpost: Good work that man :handgestures-thumbup:

Will have to have a look in the flesh some time. If i remember correctly your not a million miles away :???:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:33 pm

:text-goodpost: :text-coolphotos: :text-imwithstupid: :bow-yellow: :handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Looking sweet :handgestures-thumbup:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Pendric Lumpybeard
Regular

Postby Pendric Lumpybeard » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:30 am

Not updated this for a while, mainly because i've just not got round to it. Getting back into doing a few things recently, still got a long list of jobs i want to do. Got a couple of weeks off soon and a full engine bay clean / underside clean / de-rust / Dinitrol everywhere is on the cards. It also will need the ball joint dust covers / steering gaiters / possibly rear springs doing before the MOT in September I reckon.

Still, this is what has happened recently. Finally got my Cobalt stainless steel exhaust on it, and I LOVE it :dance: . Bit louder, but not enough to annoy the neighbourhood, nice deep tone. It may be purely the placebo effect, but it I think the car pulls just a little bit better now. Whatever, I've hardly used the stereo since i fitted it.

Also, gave the wheels a bit of a refurb - sanded them back, then rattle can primer, top coat and lacquer. They've come out OK - I wanted them slightly darker so not such a bright silver. Also got my Lotus style Eunos centre badges from Autolink on them to match the nosecone badge. They'll do until I can afford to / justify replacing them.

Looking for a quick job to do yesterday, I painted the faded-to-pastel-pink seatbelt stalk buttons back to red with an acrylic modelling paint. Time will tell if it lasts.

I've also got my Jass radio console in with a voltmeter, clock and temp gauge, having removed the non-working OE radio and the aftermarket stereo radio actually working (I found it had the aerial routed via the Jap frequency converter box which didn't help :-) ). I need to finish the wiring for the gauges, another job on the list.
1991BRG V-Special

Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Sounds like a dandy cars import at some stage, as they use to get the seats sprayed on importing on the V.S versions.
She is coming on very nice :handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Happy Mondays
Regular

Postby Happy Mondays » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:58 pm

She is looking amazing ! You must be really pleased!
Pendric Lumpybeard
Regular

Postby Pendric Lumpybeard » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Yep, definitely pleased :-) - these little cars do rather seem to take over all your spare time.

Today I finally got round to giving the engine bay a bit of a spruce up - hot work in the sun, but satisfying. Followed the guide on here and used Frost's Chassis clean and a can of their spray degreaser for any tough bits.

From this:

To this:

Now of course I want an engine bay dress up kit and to paint the cam cover...One job on these always seems to spark off more ideas and more jobs!

I also got round to spraying the rather tatty wiper arms with a few coats of smooth satin Hammerite, which has perked them up no end.
1991BRG V-Special

DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Great job :text-goodpost:

Think you need more practice though.......when can i bring mine around? :lol:
DAVE

Pendric Lumpybeard
Regular

Postby Pendric Lumpybeard » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:57 pm

:lol: :lol: the way my old bones ache now from leaning over it all day in the :happy-sunny:, you may have a bit of a wait Dave... :wink:
1991BRG V-Special

DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Pendric Lumpybeard wrote::lol: :lol: the way my old bones ache now from leaning over it all day in the :happy-sunny:, you may have a bit of a wait Dave... :wink:

Oh well t`was worth a try :lol:
DAVE

flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Well done. Plus I'm glad I'm not the only one with an aching body
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”