What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Eunos is back

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
fujikun
Regular

Re: eunos is back

Postby fujikun » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Busy week this week but I managed to paint the mirrors, I just masked them up, I painted the aluminium base with grey primer, then a red primer to match the plastic red primer. then painted all red, tricky to paint as you have to do it in stages. but I managed it, after 24 hours I gave them a coat of lac
DSCF6521.JPG
DSCF6521.JPG (144.13 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
quer. when I came to fit them, the drivers door had a centre hole in already, this maybe because I changed it for another as the original was peeling badly. I do plan to refit the original one day . the passenger one only had a small centre hole which in the pic needed enlarging to the line I had scribed on the door. Using my trusty Makita and a rotory bit I opened the hole out, there is a strengthening piece behind the skin, and you need to cut that as well to a diameter of 27 mm. Then you can fit the mirrors, one more thing the base of the electric mirrors are thicker than the original ones so you need longer screws, origonals are 15mm long you need 25mm long screws.
I didn't have the proper ones so used cap heads for now. I fitted the mirrors and set by hand for now, I have the wires in and hopefully can get them wired in next week sometime.
DSCF6528.JPG
DSCF6528.JPG (114.92 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6529.JPG
DSCF6529.JPG (119.19 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6531.JPG
DSCF6531.JPG (153.27 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6532.JPG
DSCF6532.JPG (112.55 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6533.JPG
DSCF6533.JPG (113.97 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6534.JPG
DSCF6534.JPG (121.74 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6535.JPG
DSCF6535.JPG (135.21 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
DSCF6536.JPG
DSCF6536.JPG (129.49 KiB) Viewed 15874 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:26 pm

hi, for all following the wiring of the door mirrors apologies, this week has many troubles, broken washing machine, flooded utility, broken headlight, puncture, broken dog, swim gala, all = no work on the eunos ha ha, hopefully back to normal next week.
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi, well today I managed to get the mirrors wired up. Starting with the drivers side, I removed the door cards and unclipped the wiring from the electric windows and the speaker, I poked them through the hole in the door removing the rubber protective tube between the inner wing and the door at the same time. I managed to poke the wires through the rubber tube but could not get them into the car, after 30mins of this, I removed the door for easy access, should've done this from the start, only took a few minutes to get the wires through and loop them through the switch aperture. I had fitted connectors before starting this so I could connect to the wiring from the mirrors itself. Here I found that the mirror wires were a bit short, but that's what came, I just put new ends on, so I had to look inside the door to connect the wires up to the switch wires.
The passenger side I took the door off straight away and got the wires through in a few minutes. You can see in the pictures how I looped them around the ecu cover and poked underneath the heater blower behind the centre consol. At this point before wiring up, I disconnected the battery.
Wiring up was straight forward as I had done it on the bench, I soldered the right side wires on to the back of the plug, the earth wire I secured with the screw holding on the fuse box. I took the fuse box off but found it impossible to get to the back of to get a live wire. I didn't want to disturb the ignition switch connector nor the immobiliser 15 amp fuse connector. I found a live going to the electric window switch and tapped into that, I checked it was live with my test lamp when I put the ignition switch on it lit up, so ok. I teed off that and ran the new live wire to a 10 amp fuse and from the other side of that to the switch. I reconnected the battery to check the drivers mirror was working, and bingo, all ok. Disconnected the battery again,
I soldered up the passenger wires to the back of the switch, reconnected power and champion all working ok. So all in all a job worth doing.
DSCF6540.JPG
DSCF6540.JPG (133.53 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
DSCF6542.JPG
DSCF6542.JPG (144.94 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
DSCF6543.JPG
DSCF6543.JPG (120.98 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
DSCF6544.JPG
DSCF6544.JPG (127.81 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
passenger side
DSCF6545.JPG
DSCF6545.JPG (149.34 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
DSCF6546.JPG
DSCF6546.JPG (149.95 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
DSCF6547.JPG
DSCF6547.JPG (80.07 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
blue wire is live
DSCF6548.JPG
DSCF6548.JPG (103.1 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
black wire is earth
DSCF6552.JPG
DSCF6552.JPG (114.29 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
DSCF6553.JPG
DSCF6553.JPG (139.03 KiB) Viewed 15825 times
The last few pages were to bring the eunos up to scratch on a low budget, I feel ive done that so will just enjoy the car now for a bit.
Next up is to organise bringing my mk1 California up to Scotland and get on with that one.
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 am

B
DSCF6467.JPG
DSCF6467.JPG (131.19 KiB) Viewed 15679 times
een using the eunos for a month since the refurb. starts first time even in the frosty weather we have had lately. i find it the best winter car as the small windows are easy to scrape clear and the heater clears the inside in no time, mine has an hrw and its great and fast to clear all windows.
i run it on the dark mornings with headlamps and the fogs i have fitted, so far no one hasnt seen me except for a couple of stupid cyclists this morning riding abreast and crossing lanes right in front with no arm signals or anything bloody idiots. Touch wood no faults to report as yet so i am really pleased with it.
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi all. Well I'm back. I sold the red eunos but the guy only used it for one summer and covered it up as his girlfriend got pregnant. I knew it was not being used so asked if he wanted to sell it and I got it back for half what he gave me.
The front wings peeling paint and brakes sized but it's back at mine now and I'll try get on it this summer.
Still got the yellow california and it's still in England. Need to get my finger out and get it up here.
Pleased all you guys still here.
GlennyGills

Postby GlennyGills » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:19 pm

:laughing-rolling: I like the idea, fix it up, sell it. Let it develop a couple of faults buy it back at half price and re-build. Is this a new business model or are you just lucky :laughing-rolling:
'96 Gleneagles MeisterR Coilovers - engine bling stainless mx5parts full exhaust
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:12 pm

DSCF5695.JPG
DSCF5695.JPG (72.85 KiB) Viewed 14052 times
not lucky maybe daft, at the minute ive no use for the car, I just know all the work it had and thought to buy it back, so ill keep it this time. ive booked the California to come up next month, at least they will all be here and I can try and fit them in with everything else. happy days.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Wish I had the space to have more than one plaything.

:mrgreen:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Get your finger out man and get them sorted...
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:31 am

:confusion-confused: :coffee: yeah ill have to wayne, its ironic that I knew where the red eunos went and wasn't happy it sitting under a cover, so I buy it back and do the same thing,

discs are goosed now, and needs paint otherwise seems fine. California`s coming in april, never seen that for 2 years, looking forward to refreshing my memory with it.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 am

" its ironic that I knew where the red eunos went and wasn't happy it sitting under a cover"
I get that so much, when i have finished a project build and goes up for grabs...if i do not bond with the person after her, they will not get it, it needs to feel right to let one go to the right person, but i have bought them back from being not looked after before myself buddy.
M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:26 pm

blackyb wrote:Wish I had the space to have more than one plaything.

:mrgreen:
Plenty space but not so much time
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Plenty of time but not enough space at my end.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 pm

Kind of loads of space here ,time is the killer and weather.
M-m

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”