What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Eunos is back

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
fujikun
Regular

Re: eunos is back

Postby fujikun » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:38 pm

wazza99 wrote:You can also run a trombone brush down that channel, feed in from collector at top, gently push through and it pops out at bottom front edge of door. Perhaps that tube is blocked so causing water to overflow the collector. Amazing what uses those brushes come in for !

thats a likely solution wazza, the rubber is not split and i cant see a difference from one side to the other. i will have a look for one of those brushes. let you know.
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi fellow mazda people, bit of an update,
i had fitted the new headresr speakers, and the free kenwood radio is spot on. so thats another problem fixed, need to tidy up the bit of foam though but its all i had in stock.
The water leak has miraculously disappeared, and i have`nt really done anything so i will keep an eye on it.
After returning the car to the road again after xmas, its just got better and better with use.
Free revving engine, pinpoint steering and good brakes ,its going great. The pipe that the gearbox ate has not been an issue, and gearchange is sweet after the car warms up, bit stiff when cold but are`nt we all.

Work coming up,
new windscreen,
clean and paint under the wheel arches,( most underbody already done before xmas)
new cam belt when the weathers a bit warmer,
treat cavities to some wax treatment in summer
I have managed to collect a full set of wishbones and subframes which i am hoping to powder coat then put new bushes in and swap over when ready.

i also got a set of teardrop doorcards cheap, but the hardboard is no good, so i am going to make up some new ones (hardboard) the vynil is ok.
Attachments
DSCF5565.JPG
DSCF5565.JPG (83.17 KiB) Viewed 19837 times
door cards.JPG
door cards.JPG (218.21 KiB) Viewed 19837 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:33 pm

hi, managed to get the new screen fitted friday, second hand one but its chip and scratch free.
Attachments
DSCF5574.JPG
DSCF5574.JPG (81.43 KiB) Viewed 19784 times
DSCF5576.JPG
DSCF5576.JPG (78.54 KiB) Viewed 19784 times
DSCF5577.JPG
DSCF5577.JPG (78.41 KiB) Viewed 19784 times
DSCF5578.JPG
DSCF5578.JPG (83.39 KiB) Viewed 19784 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:34 pm

note the crack (ringed) in the origonal
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:01 pm

could be a new addition to the fleet, its a mk1 california, no 167, needs rear sill and fender work though.
Attachments
DSCF5586 (2).JPG
DSCF5586 (2).JPG (74.81 KiB) Viewed 19784 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 am

hi, not posted for a bit, the wee eunos is going great guns, does seem to get better every day and is loosening up nicely.
i fitted my new shiny boot lid the other day, and am in the process of painting the door mirrors.
there should be a post on here for "what have`nt you done on your mazda today"
i intended to strip and paint under the arches and change the cambelt/water pump over easter, but many overtimes at work put paid to that.
so maybe next month.
Attachments
DSCF5735.JPG
DSCF5735.JPG (73.47 KiB) Viewed 19685 times
DSCF5736.JPG
DSCF5736.JPG (76.18 KiB) Viewed 19685 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:28 pm

hi passed mot today straight through, only advisor rusty suspension wishbones. thats 2 years running. woo hoo!! its not getting as much attention as i am trying to get the welding finished on the other one, but its running well.
Attachments
DSCF5914.JPG
DSCF5914.JPG (81.77 KiB) Viewed 19610 times
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Well done. Great news
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi , the much love old roadster is still going strong, i am really enjoying it, and when i retire next year it will get a full refurbish. i am collecting bits as i go for both my mk1 california and the eunos.
recently i picked up a set of jdm fog/drivers lights on ebay, heres how i fitted them with help from wiser people on here.
the lights came with wiring and switch so it was a case of plug and play really.
i removed the battery connection first. pulled out the blank switch on the right side of the steering wheel. it had a blue connector on the back which mm advised was the dash dimmer plug.
i removed the blank switch and fished about behind the panel and found a black plug which mm assured was the fog light plug.
i plugged it into the switch and refitted to the panel.
from inside the engine bay drivers side about centreof the wing, you will find a redundant white plug. the loom plugs into this, there was a relay fitted in the loom which just hangs there and an earth wire which i bolted to the body behind the headlamp.
i fed the wires down the side of the radiator, to where the air scoop is.
just above the tow hooks is a captive nut (6mm) i had to tap these out as were rusty.
the fog lamps bracket fits in there and screwed home with a bit of coppaslip grease on the threads. other side of the bracket is just those small plastic clips which press into holes already there and screw up the little screws.
fit the connectors to the back of the fogs.
reconnect the battery and switch on the sidelights/headlights, voila, fog lights.
simple plug and play.
i already have a set for the california but dont know if they are plug and play too, have to find out.
the fog light switch does not illuminate by the way its not meant too.
its only a 4 pin switch and i believe you can get a 5 pin one which can be illuminated.
my hrw swich illuminates and design looks same so i will investigate.
Attachments
DSCF6015.JPG
DSCF6015.JPG (63.25 KiB) Viewed 19425 times
DSCF6016.JPG
DSCF6016.JPG (64.58 KiB) Viewed 19425 times
DSCF6023.JPG
DSCF6023.JPG (79.22 KiB) Viewed 19425 times
DSCF6025.JPG
DSCF6025.JPG (68.03 KiB) Viewed 19425 times
DSCF6022.JPG
DSCF6022.JPG (72.52 KiB) Viewed 19425 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:40 pm

footnote,
fog lights working great, but when i went to work in the dark, the dash lights didnt light up.
i realised the blank switch i had removed for the fog lamp switch had a blue plug connected to it, mm said it was for a dimmer switch so i reasoned that removing it caused the dash lights to go out,
sure enough the blank switch has a connecting bar across it, so i just plugged it back in and allowed it to dangle behind the switch panel . easy one sorted.
sorry no pics.
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:30 pm

re the non illuminating switch, i had a look at the wiring and the front fog switch should illuminate as the hrw one.
i had a couple of spares, and gently separating the switch apart, you can see that its the same inside, just a switch with the little illuminating led.
i took my old switch out and replaced the back section with another and it worked ok.
so the little led must have blown.
you can probably buy them at maplins or something , i will have a look after.
the pictures show the switches separated,
the switches in the dash, and lights on.
easy fix and another bit of knowledge gained.
Attachments
DSCF6046.JPG
DSCF6046.JPG (95.02 KiB) Viewed 19163 times
DSCF6047.JPG
DSCF6047.JPG (72.07 KiB) Viewed 19163 times
DSCF6048.JPG
DSCF6048.JPG (52.88 KiB) Viewed 19163 times
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

hi, still alive here, the old eunos disgraced itself by failing the mot, just a wee bit chasis rail welding now complete.
also and heres the question, the upeer ball joint rubber on the wishbone, i ordered a new one from mx5 spares, cleaned everything off and replaced the rubber, now does the rubber just sit on the lip by compression of the taper joint ?
there was no clip,and the boot was rubber only no metal insert. i tried using a zip tie but it just pulled the boot off when tightend. anyway its all back together and awaiting retest.
anyone enlighten? does it just stay in place by compression ?
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm

They just press on , inside the rubber bonding edge there should be a metal band that holds it in place, are you sure that they have sent the correct ones?.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 pm

hi mm, its on now, it goes for a retest thursday and i hope ok,i wont have time before then to take it off again. i am positive it didnt have a metal band in. wheather pass or fail i will remove and check again.
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:48 pm

hi, ordered another ball joint rubber from autolink this time, so i will change it again.

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”