What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Astonmazda the story so far

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
Astonmazda
Just Run In

Astonmazda the story so far

Postby Astonmazda » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Astonmazda the story so far

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Greetings Mike
Did you get them wired in and working?
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Looks like that will keep you busy for awhile yet :text-goodpost:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Astonmazda
Just Run In

Postby Astonmazda » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Mad with a brush and Hammerite
Getting there!!
Finished!!!

Yes thanks Wayne it got the lights all working. Thanks for all your help buddy
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:32 am

That looks very nice. I have been thinking about a different bumper for the Mk2 and I reckon you might have given me the solution. Would you mind posting up some details on where you got the bumper from? Are the lights Mk2 or Mk2.5 fitment? How difficult was it to fit - lots of fettling or pretty much bolt-on?
Niall

1997 1.8i Roadster in Black
- Induction kit, Stainless Exhaust System, Lowered Springs
1998 1.8i S MX-5 in Silver
- Under restoration

Also into taking a few pictures - check out my website.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:20 am

You need to do something with the back now Mike.
Paggers it is a MK 2.5 front that will fit on your Mk 2 but you will need to fit Mk 2.5 head light units, and it is all bolt off ,bolt on items.
M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
fujikun
Regular

Postby fujikun » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:41 pm

that looks really nice, bet its a head turner, well done.
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Nice to see something a bit different :text-goodpost:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Astonmazda
Just Run In

Postby Astonmazda » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:19 pm

paggers wrote:That looks very nice. I have been thinking about a different bumper for the Mk2 and I reckon you might have given me the solution. Would you mind posting up some details on where you got the bumper from? Are the lights Mk2 or Mk2.5 fitment? How difficult was it to fit - lots of fettling or pretty much bolt-on?

I got the bumper on line. I searched google images when I saw the bumper I clicked on and went to the site. I paid ÂŁ169.00 BECAREFUL!!! When ordering make sure you order the right one. They do a mk2 bumper and a mk2.5 I went for the 2.5 as i wanted the angel eyes head lights and they don't make angel eyes for a mk2.

As for fitting it was pretty straight forward.
1. Remove plastic bumper
2. Remove the big metal bumper
3. Remove the bracket that holds the big metal bumper on
4. On the plastic bumper there's a metal bracket with a rubber strip. This rubber strip sits between your bonnet and your bumper. REMOVE THIS AND AND KEEP SAFE!!!!!!

Once your new bumper is painted and fitted get this bracket with the rubber strip and put back on car!!!!!!!!!. Mine needed to be modified to fit. At first I didn't fit it, I didn't know it existed? Until I was doing 100MPH and my bonnet started to rise!!!! VERY UNNERVING!!! l thought to myself that gap needs filling. Luckily the lads at the body shop hadn't flung my old bumper and that's when I leant about this bracket with the rubber strip. (I still don't know what it's called)
storm
Site Admin

Postby storm » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:33 pm

so nice to see someone doing something different with a MK2. most MK1s (like mine) are all about Rotas, welded diffs and mental amounts of camber,.... makes me want to fit 13's and raise the suspension almost.
Love the though that went into making this beauty. drive safe & enjoy her.
1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young!
Astonmazda
Just Run In

Postby Astonmazda » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Well ImageImage

It's been a while since I've been on here. Since my last post I had the Aston Mazda Supercharged by Pip at WGT IN Cheshire. 205 bp at the wheels (NICE) and been on a road trip tacking in alpine rollercoasters in Europe. Well after a 3000 mile trip without a hiccup I managed to stick my baby in a ditch and bend her quite a bit

Don't panic!!!! It's in the garage and is being mended as we speak.

A new Aston style bumper has be purchased and modified. I felt that the bumper out of the box had too wide a mouth so the boys in the garage have made it smaller. Jaguar supercharged bonnet vents and new sills on both sides. A new green soft top and a spanking new set of wheels and tyres.

Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

I will post pictures when done.

Been looking at new rear lights on eBay. Seen and like these Imagebut they say they won't fit as I don't have reverse and fog lights in each light. Is there a way around this.

Please help many thanks Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:20 am

No because of the LED's there are some other units out there that will and give the same look.
M-m

Astonmazda
Just Run In

Postby Astonmazda » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:28 am

Mazda Mender wrote:No because of the LED's there are some other units out there that will and give the same look.
M-m

Cheers Wayne.

storm
Site Admin

Postby storm » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:55 pm

D*mn! I can't believe i missed this update. Sad to hear what happened but at least she's on the mend and about to become closer to your idea of perfect. Keep us updated (lots of pics).
1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young!
Astonmazda
Just Run In

Postby Astonmazda » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:02 pm

storm wrote:D*mn! I can't believe i missed this update. Sad to hear what happened but at least she's onnthe.mend and about to become closer to your idea of perfect. Keep us updated (lots of pics).

Will do

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”