What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

mk1 1.8 uk spec build

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
handycars
New

mk1 1.8 uk spec build

Postby handycars » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:03 pm

So here is my plans for my latest build-

mk1 uk 1.8 spec is the base photos here--
[/url] https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... f5a58e6a12[url]

ive got loads of plans but the main goal is to achieve 170 bhp NA, with some head work, high lift cams, rebuilt bottom end, exhaust work. and then next winter i shall be adding jenvy ITBS

the first stage is to get most of the parts i want to fit to the car before i start building it.

things i already have are--

-mk2 1800 recently refurbished, triple cut valve seats, ported and polished, and fitted with a BP5A (RS) inlet camshaft has shim over bucket lifters and these were re-shimmed and set at standard clearances (0.18 - 0.24 mm intake and 0.28 - 0.34 exhaust)
- GV rear panel
-4-1 decat to larni exhaust system
-miester coilovers
-type 2 torsen LSD
-low profile twin headight
-Jackson racing intake (until i upgrade to jenvy ITBS)
-some jass TSI
-some kg works dials with Rev limiter gauges

the engine work will take a few months to gather all the parts and build ect but while im waiting ill be doing other work to the car and posting updates on here :)

james
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: mk1 1.8 uk spec build

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:13 am

Welcome James...
.... :text-worthless:

:coffee:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
handycars
New

Postby handycars » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:57 pm

that should work?? :confusion-confused:
handycars
New

Postby handycars » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:59 pm

also had a change of plan with the head.and im thinking about keeping the mk1 head, unless anyone can suggest otherwise?
Mxmurray
Serial Poster

Postby Mxmurray » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi
I have looked at various tuning options for the mx5, I too have a 1.8 mk1.
Throttle bodies and head work seem to be less favoured than forced induction such as turbo or supercharger.
Supercharging seems to give a more linear power delivery and should get you close if not more than what power output you want.
It seems the mx5 engine is fairly strong from the factory and most people seem to leave the internals alone when using FI.
The clutch seems to be the weak link if hooning and let's be honest a supercharged mx5 is made for hooning.
handycars
New

Postby handycars » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:55 pm

FI are far to common, i know of at 8 local to me that ive worked on let alone others.

NA keeps the reliability and fun, and sharper throttle response
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:42 am

Love my 1989 1.6 with Jenvey Throttle bodies and Meisters, megasquirt ECU, no Cat, four branch giving 141 bhp when dyno'd last year. I wanted reliabilty over anything else O and the warble :-)

DSCN2214.jpg
DSCN2214.jpg (583.1 KiB) Viewed 8727 times
1989 Fresh import with 30,000 km, Maruha Four Pot calipers, 270mm disks, Rose jointed drop links, Uprated ARB's, MeisterR CRD Coilovers, Rota wheels, LSD, Zoom console, Maruha Alternator, Jenvey ITB's, Megasquirt ECU
1st Modified Class Bristol OC Spring Rally
2nd Weston Park April 2017
1st 'Modern Classic' Stafford Castle Classic Show July 2018
3rd 'Best Japanese Classic' Tatton Park Aug 18
1st Modified Class Ragley Hall OC National SEP 18
1st Easter show Weston Park 2019
2nd 80's class Newport Easter show 2019

2011 2.0 RC Sport Tech in Aluminium, Smart Top.
handycars
New

Postby handycars » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Speedy wrote:Love my 1989 1.6 with Jenvey Throttle bodies and Meisters, megasquirt ECU, no Cat, four branch giving 141 bhp when dyno'd last year. I wanted reliabilty over anything else O and the warble :-)

DSCN2214.jpg

My point exactly reliability and a mk1 doesn't need 200bho to be fun..
I'm aiming for 180ish but I'd be happy with 160 from my 1.8

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”