What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

93' Eunos Roadster 1.8 Mazdaspeed B-spec Stage II

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
Scotty dugg
New

93' Eunos Roadster 1.8 Mazdaspeed B-spec Stage II

Postby Scotty dugg » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Following on from my introduction thread, I thought I would start a build thread to log progress, after a quick look at some of the other build threads I'll try reflect the high level of detail.

So, for a bit of history, I have previously owned a Mk2.5 53' plate 1.6 and NC1 2.0 Sport. After missing my 5 I entrered a bonus ball lottery on Facebook and won for ÂŁ20.00 a 93' plate Eunos Roadster 1.8 Mazdaspeed B-spec Stage II. Imported into the country in 2005 and owned by roughly 5 individuals, the last using it for a daily driver and drifting duties. It has rounghly 120,000 km (75,000 miles) on it and by the time it arrived with me was in a sorry state.

First impressions were not good, the other half proclaiming it as a "death trap" and that she would not be a passenger in it.

The day we got it:
ImageMX-5 NA Day 1 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
First wash and naff "scene" stickers removed:
ImageMX5 1-2 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
Paint condition is not the greatest:
ImageMX5 1-3 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
The engine has had a liberal coating of engine oil and grime, those with OCD avert your eyes:
ImageMX5 1-4 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
Mazdaspeed badge on the rear panel and cam cover:
ImageMX5 1-5 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageMX5 1-6 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
The interior had seen better days:
ImageMX5 1-8 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageMX5 1-9 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Work that has since been carried out (not all shown in pictures):
•Roof Removed and refitted correctly along with rain rail refurbishment.
•Roll Cage removed and refitted along with sheet metal tidied up.
•Welded differential changed for a 4.1 Torsen LSD (with new oil).
•New boot-lid with Mazda Spoiler.
•Suspension un-seized and raised to an acceptable daily driver height.
•Exhaust and manifold changed for a Cobalt cat back and RSR 4-1 Manifold.
•Front Bumper and wings removed and replaced with freshly painted counterparts (all fittings/air guide/undertray included).
•Matching tombstone seats fitted, along with all interior trim (Cabin & Boot).
•Replaced gearbox and fitted new Exedy clutch kit (along with new turret seals and oil).
•Replaced Rear Camshaft seal.
•Fitted Ultra Racing Wing Braces.
•Replacement wheels and tires, powdercoated gloss bronze (15x7.0" ET30, Toyo T1-R).
•Replace damaged door and door mirror, source and fit door weather seals.
• A/C delete and removal.

Still some parts to fit that have been sourced: Waterpump, Cambelt, Final engine oil change, replace radiator and all engine hoses.

Some pictures of the journey so far:
ImageMX5 2-2 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageMX5 3-3 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageMX5 NA 20/08/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageMX5 NA 02/09/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
ImageMX5 NA 29/10/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
To how it sits at present:
ImageMX-5 NA 19/11/2017 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

It's been an a busy couple months but I hope to have it on the road for next year, still plenty to be done before then!
Thanks,
Scott.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: 93' Eunos Roadster 1.8 Mazdaspeed B-spec Stage II

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Keep at it and keep them coming buddy... :handgestures-thumbup: :coffee:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Scotty dugg
New

Postby Scotty dugg » Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 pm

After almost a year of ownership, the car is now ready for the road:
ImageMX5 NA 19/04/2018 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Absolutely love it, without trying to waffle on about stuff that's been covered before, it really is a much rawer driving experience and with the HSD's adjusted towards soft it's actually quite comfortable (if you avoid pot holes and drain covers).

Odd quirks I've noticed are driving with the pop-ups up is bizarre, the side mirrors are really far back and these make a passing Ford Focus look HGV huge!

Here's a before (May 2017) and after (April 2018):

Some issues still persist though:
- Idle is around 1000-1200rpm and in our search for the cause we have replaced the rear coolant temp sensor, had the throttle body off to try clean out all idle control parts, searched for any air leaks. Next step is replaced the whole thing and try again.
- Manifold bodge is leaking at the reducer, it's going to have to be replaced and fixed off the car, so the hunt for a replacement manifold on-going.
- Underseal, paint, dents!

But these are on-going, the idle issue we have so far:
- Cleaned both idle control function.
- Checked for air leaks.
- Adjusted idle control.
- Adjusted idle position.

I think it might just require a replacement unit, so have gathered the relevant gaskets.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am

Good to see the progress made, sure you will soon sort out the idle issue.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu May 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Clean the TB or swap it out .
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”