What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Front Brake Discs

drumtochty

Front Brake Discs

Postby drumtochty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Bought front and rear discs and pads for the Mk3.

Fitted the front discs and pads and thought that the pads were a bit loose on re assembly.

Then after doing both sides and opened the box for the rear discs and found out that I had put the backs on the front.

Apart from me being daft not noticing I had not put on vented discs, I thought they it was strange that the rear discs fitted on the fronts.

eddie
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
alan
Regular

Re: Front Brake Discs

Postby alan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:19 pm

The front brakes do most of the braking (cannot recall % of braking but they do) hence the front pads being the largest vented disc's are vented to disipate the heat
the discs will fit at the studs but they will be smaller in diameter than the front so DONT fit the rears on the front. (also a smaller brake pad / disc contact area)
Did you have a tool to wind the caliper piston back for the rears ?
Don't take this the wrong way I do think you need to do reading about replacing brakes on a MX5 there is loads of information regarding this subject or have a mazdamender do it for you.
You need to have your brakes 100% for safetys sake
1990 Silver MK1 1600 SOLD
You have the right to remain silent Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you
IF YOU CANT FIX IT WITH A HAMMER YOUVE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Return to “MK 3/3.5 2006 > 2015 (NC)”