What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Focal ISS200 component speakers on mk2

Kenshin-x
New

Focal ISS200 component speakers on mk2

Postby Kenshin-x » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 am

Hi guys, does anybody know whether the focal 8" ISS200 fit? My concern is whether the door card can be put back together after installing the speakers. Thanks!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Focal ISS200 component speakers on mk2

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:57 am

Do they fall flush tp the door skin.
Give us a link.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Kenshin-x
New

Postby Kenshin-x » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 pm

They should fit. :handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Should be fine. I have 8" JBL speakers in my 2001 Mk2.5. I did have to trim a little material from the speaker opening in the door using a Dremel though but not much.
8" speakers certainly help a lot when it comes to adding bass though MX5s are noisy machines and a lot of that noise is bassy so whatever you do you aren't going to make it hi-fi. Mine has a 150w amp powering the 8" JBLs but my Mini with 4 factory speakers and a upgraded HU still sounds better and seems to go louder.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
Kenshin-x
New

Postby Kenshin-x » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:06 pm

M-m, thanks! And Lazza, at the moment, I've got a inPhase XT 5x7 component speakers powered by a kenwood amp with a pioneer double din HU. The doors are also dynamat'ed as well. Unfortunately, the bass is there but the mids and trebles are all over the place despite tuning it via HU equaliser. I'm hopeful that the focal would improve the sound. What are your thoughts?
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:21 pm

Being a 2001 Sport, mine came with tweeters in the tops of the doors. I'm not impressed with the quality of these myself so replaced them with some Pioneer tweeters I had from an older 2-way 6.5" set I had fitted before. The JBLs have a button to suppress the co-axial tweeters which is handy as that means I have to do minimal tweaking to get a balanced sound.
Anyway, what I'd recommend is some tweeters in the doors to lift the sound-stage and add a bit of clarity. You will probably want them balanced down so they are barely audible but they do make a fairly big difference to how it all sounds.
Another thing - make sure the + & - from the stereo go to the correct + & - terminals on the speakers. If you have one of them swapped over the speakers will be attempting to cancel each other out and the mid/high range usually does a fairly good job of it (the same way noise-cancelling earphones work).
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
Kenshin-x
New

Postby Kenshin-x » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks Lazza, the InPhase 5x7 i've got at the moment are components therefore it has a crossover and a tweeter at the top part of the door card. The problem is that the tweeters are too bright and sharp even though I've reversed the polarity. The dilemma I've got now is whether to change the whole component or just the tweeter to see whether it solves the problem.
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:52 pm

I have mine wired up so that the main speakers in the doors are powered by the amp using the rear RCA outputs and the tweeters are powered by the stereo front speaker outputs. That way I can use the fader control to reduce the amount of power given to the tweeters without having to use the equaliser to supress the high-tones.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
Kenshin-x
New

Postby Kenshin-x » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 am

Lazza, that's a really good idea! I might give it a try rather than spending more money on the speakers. But i've actually got a pair of speakers on the rear powered by another amp, I'll have a think about how to rewire them.

Return to “MK2”