What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Freeze alert/thermometer/voltage check/clock

chadz
Regular

Freeze alert/thermometer/voltage check/clock

Postby chadz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:31 pm

100_2899.jpg
100_2899.jpg (209.11 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
Hi,

I have recently installed this little gizmo into my mk2 and it works very well. It is a multi function piece of equipment that sits quite well on the corner of the dash held down with velcro. The item was supplied with a double sided piece of tape but this proved to be too weak to overcome the heat and vibration in the car so I opted for velcro. The cables (2) are quite easy to conceal between dash panels and it is powered by the cigarette lighter.
The temperature reading seems a bit high in the photo but is pretty accurate given that it is a hot day here in the UK. The clock and voltmeter are both accurate as far as I can tell. The item was purchased from e-bay and cost less than £10. PM me for more details. It comes with instructions and the buttons to change settings are housed on the top of the unit. it measures approx. 95x65x72mm.
Let me know what you think. I will answer any questions you have about this little gadget if you need further info.

Chadz :dance:
Badknee
Serial Poster

Re: Freeze alert/thermometer/voltage check/clock

Postby Badknee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Mmmmm, how bright is it at night, have you tried it yet? :text-goodpost:
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Fully blinged up (thanks M-m)
Lowered into the weeds hung on Gaz Gold Pro's.
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Badknee

No I haven't tried it out in the dark but I'm hoping that it won't dazzle me. It is a nice sharp display and set off to the side so it shouldn't be too distracting. I like the display layout and their is an alternative colour (blue) available by flicking a switch on the back of the unit. This is if anything less 'in your face'. I think it's a matter of suck it and see. The info it gives is valuable especially so when the bad weather arrives. The unit is plugged into a very useful accessory located in the footwell drivers side. This has two USB connectors and two large ciggy type connectors. On a recent trip to the South coast it did not get in the way of my left knee and I was able to charge my satnav (USB) and blackberry (USB) whilst on the move.
Hope this helps.

Chadz :handgestures-thumbup:
Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:58 pm

The blue option would be my choice as Wayne blinged up my gauges to glow blue.
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Fully blinged up (thanks M-m)
Lowered into the weeds hung on Gaz Gold Pro's.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:42 pm

I have something similar in two of mine which have been in for many many years, Link and price would be ace incase others fancy one to buddy :handgestures-thumbup: :coffee:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Wayne,

No problem. The same item appears from other suppliers but I bought mine from accenter @ £7.99. Anybody looking for similar should visit e-bay and key in 12V Digital Voltage monitor Battery Alarm clock LCD Temperature thermometer. That's how it's described.

Chadz :dance:

Return to “MK2”