What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Air filters. Confused.com

Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Re: Air filters. Confused.com

Postby Shadgrind » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Oh, and where is the little pipe, is it under the airbox (Mk2)
Mk4 Machine Grey 2.0 184BHP, SE-L + Nav and Apple Carplay
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:50 pm

The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Right, but where does it go? Surely not instead of the main intake? Is there another inlet?Image

You meant this, right?
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Remove the snorgel off the OE air box and fit one end of the trunking to it the other end that then other end as per Nick skuzzle needs to go through the bulk head into the skuttle area to collect the cold fresh air for the air filter, and yes that is what i was talking about, they do the ends in different colours.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:01 am

Mazda Mender wrote:Remove the snorgel off the OE air box and fit one end of the trunking to it the other end that then other end as per Nick skuzzle needs to go through the bulk head into the skuttle area to collect the cold fresh air for the air filter, and yes that is what i was talking about, they do the ends in different colours.
M-m

Cheers again M-m
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:41 pm

A UK Mk2 might not have space anywhere to put a tube through a hole in the rear panel though as the ABS unit & brake pipes are in the way.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Air filters. Confused.com

Postby Shadgrind » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:09 am

Lazza wrote:A UK Mk2 might not have space anywhere to put a tube through a hole in the rear panel though as the ABS unit & brake pipes are in the way.

No ABS on mine, still not quite sure where to route pipe, any pics people? Thanks.
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Where the ABS block and pipes are missing on your car :lol:

I'm sure someone more helpful could come up with a picture to show what they mean...
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Actually, I just did a quick Google Images search for Randall Cowl and I got a lot of very useful pictures. I'm sure some of them will have useful links...
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Lazza wrote:Actually, I just did a quick Google Images search for Randall Cowl and I got a lot of very useful pictures. I'm sure some of them will have useful links...

Ah ha, got it now right up there! Wow! I can imagine that the pressure would be quite high there and slow moving air too, good call!
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Anyway ABS is for pussies![DIZZY FACE]
Skuzzle
Serial Poster

Postby Skuzzle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:44 am

Either match the inlet to the airbox or mod the airbox and use the biggest possible. 2.5" will fit.. 3 im not sure.

Return to “MK2”