What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Dials

Mx/Roadster parts for sale, All Mk's....
Welcome to the Bat Cave!
Hamish
Serial Poster

Dials

Postby Hamish » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Right then... hooked my cluster up to a proper power source to see what the ordinary bulbs look like as the white LED's are too cold for me.

Happy now with the ordinary bulbs giving a vintage glow.

I am now going to make several sets and designs of dials - initially for up to 120mph... but I am making some designs for the 140mph too...but they are not ready. I will in time make MK2 dials and Mk3 dials

I'm going to design several versions with the needles starting at various places. On mine I made below they are starting at 6 o clock... they can be made the start anywhere.

I will make various colours too and also a cream faced dial.

When I've done them, I'll post them all up - if anyone wants a set grab em - first come first served - they will be free of charge. Thereafter if anyone wants custom ones making I will do them to order, but I may have to charge (unless I am paying back a favour) - will only be minimal charge to cover material costs - I am not looking to make money out of them, just a service for drivers and menders :)

I am going to look for needle stops - the oil and the rev counters need stops gluing into place, so I need to source these in the meantime.

Also, if anyone wants a particular colour I can also supply either leds in the colour or make the dials backlit any colour you want. It is easier however to change the bulbs.

Regards, Hammy.
1990 Eunos 1.6 Classic Red, soon to be a different colour
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Dials

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Put me down for a set for Daryls MK 1 1.6 import please Ian, let me know if you need any cash :handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Oh man I was so impressed when I saw these and thought they looked great to think I could get some is fantastic so impressed with your work. Top job so count me in when the time comes....
Thanks.
:bow-yellow:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4699
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Nice one H
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
nedski
Serial Poster

Postby nedski » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Really impressed, they look really good.
I love them in the photo above. If i could have a set that would be fantastic. I don't mind paying either, you can't work for now't. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
Cheers Neil
Mk1 1.6 Turbo. Gaz shocks. Tr Lane roll bar.
Garage Owner, Lincolshire
Helper to the Scunny track day crew and North Linc's Track Day Club.
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 am

I might go for a set of these when you get around to designing some for a Mk2.5 150mph dial :handgestures-thumbup:
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Core they are lovely mate
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
MsrVR
Regular

Postby MsrVR » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Count me in please Hamish, happy to put a few quid in your piggy bank too buddy
Neil

1996 EUNOS ROADSTER VR-LIMITED COMBINATION B
steffydog
Serial Poster

Postby steffydog » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Sounds fun :) 2.5 here too, I'd like a set one day.

What are you making them from?
MX-5 1.8 S-VT Sport 1.8 2002/02 Finished in Starlight Silver with matching hardtop

I'm learning.........Slowly!
Hamish
Serial Poster

Postby Hamish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 pm

When I have made a load of them, I will tell you how I made them ;)

Made several Mk1 sets of various designs now and currently making Mk2 and Mk3 templates.... and making about 30 KG Works panels also.
Regards, Hammy.
1990 Eunos 1.6 Classic Red, soon to be a different colour
steffydog
Serial Poster

Postby steffydog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Ah ok, I was just making idle chit chat. I think I'd like to go for some starting at 6.30, they look funky :)

I read a whole thread on NUTZ, only to find the guy had stopped making them.
MX-5 1.8 S-VT Sport 1.8 2002/02 Finished in Starlight Silver with matching hardtop

I'm learning.........Slowly!
Pincherrn
Serial Poster

Postby Pincherrn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Hamish.

I'd be interested in a set for my Exocet, I have a set of very worn white dials. Not sure what to have next. Do you have fotos of the different styles. Fancy changing my backlighting too but can't decide on blue or amber. Willing to pay you too. All your hard work should be rewarded.

Colin.
MEV Exocet.
1995 1.8 Mk1 White Roadster. S Special Type I.
Exocet build thread - http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1138
http://www.jansholistics.co.uk/
Rooster
Regular

Postby Rooster » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi hamish can i have a set in cream for my 1.6 import please i currently have blue leds in
rezchef
Regular

Postby rezchef » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:16 pm

They are quality, :clap:
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 am

Can you do rings for the other gauges? i thought i had asked this question?
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

Return to “Auto jumble”