What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Explain your user name?

Anything goes in here.. within reason
Ricolas
Serial Poster

Re: Explain your user name?

Postby Ricolas » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:36 am

Nickname from school. The logic being that if Nick is short for Nicolas, then Rick must be short for Ricolas. Bunch of idiots at my school.
Ricolas
UK registered MX5 1991 Mariner Blue pretty much all original!

Beckenham, Kent
Tangoman
Serial Poster

Postby Tangoman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Mine comes from my cabby days, I went on a Easter weekend camping holiday with a bunch of cabby mates, and on the first evening I was singled out of the crowd in the clubhouse by the DJ (I was wearing a bright orange fleece) who announced me to everybody as the Tangoman!

On going back to work, the controller called me up on the radio as Tangoman and it just stuck!
Image Image

1991 Asbo orange 1.6 Eunos Roadster T-Spec
Barefoot
Regular

Postby Barefoot » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Mine comes from my rock climbing days :)
rooflessdriver
Just Run In

Postby rooflessdriver » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 am

When I bought my first MX5 in 2000, I was just creating a hotmail account & as I always had the roof down unless it was raining, I chose rooflessdriver.at.hotmail.

(Bit of a pain as it's so long & have to spell it to people as they think it's ruthless!)
Li5

Postby Li5 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Mine's boring really.
Full name Elizabeth but only the Mother calls me that.
To most people I'm "Liz" so Li5 seemed appropriate if a bit boring :-)
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
Pinky1984
Regular

Postby Pinky1984 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:25 am

I "had" a pink land rover 90, til some w**ker stole it
1989 Eunos Roadster

agent_orange
Epic Poster

Postby agent_orange » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Pinky1984 wrote:I "had" a pink land rover 90, til some w**ker stole it

You sure it was stolen? Maybe someone objected to the colour, repainted, and its still standing where you last saw it :lol:
2003 Mk 2.5 Euphonic Velocity Red Sadly died of rust cancer
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
Pinky1984
Regular

Postby Pinky1984 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Ha Ha yeh definitely stolen... My little un was devastated painted at her request
1989 Eunos Roadster

mk1divemaster
Serial Poster

Postby mk1divemaster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:02 pm

I have a mk1 and I used to be a PADI divemaster , but now I am an assistant instructor that teaches scuba diving :-)
shoestring
Just Run In

Postby shoestring » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:54 am

When I worked at the Pit in my late teens and early twenties someone said I was the image of Eddie Shoestring (a detective program at the time) this rapidly spread and everyone stated calling me Shoestring. CB radio had just come in around that time so I used it as a Handle. I moved away for work and got called Stuart again. Then many years later when I joined forums after getting a 5 and had to think of something I used it again, although "Broken old bootlace" might be more apt these days,
Wish I'd picked something different at times but WTF
NB facelift MX5 2005
1.8 Sport s-vt
Strato Blue
threeflies
Regular

Postby threeflies » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Used to play an online game called Everquest. When creating a character you obviously have to choose a name.

It was summer , I looked around the room and saw 3 flies buzzing around the fireplace. Job done. Threeflies was born :coffee:
Pete - MK2.5 sport 2002 Sunlight Silver
Barefoot
Regular

Postby Barefoot » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 pm

threeflies wrote:Used to play an online game called Everquest. When creating a character you obviously have to choose a name.

It was summer , I looked around the room and saw 3 flies buzzing around the fireplace. Job done. Threeflies was born :coffee:

Just as well you didn't look out of the window and see 2 dogs sha**ing :o
Barefoot
Regular

Explain your user name?

Postby Barefoot » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 pm

:o
Pincherrn
Serial Poster

Postby Pincherrn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:26 am

Bit off topic- Barefoot is that a MEV Replicar in your avatar?

Colin
MEV Exocet.
1995 1.8 Mk1 White Roadster. S Special Type I.
Exocet build thread - http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1138
http://www.jansholistics.co.uk/
Barefoot
Regular

Postby Barefoot » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Yes, not brought the kit yet, but i've stripped the donor and started refurbing all the parts ready so that i can just bolt everything straight on when i'm ready, got to do it this way asi'm very limited on work space :)

Return to “General chat and banter”