What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

calais

Anything goes in here.. within reason
phildent
Just Run In

calais

Postby phildent » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:06 am

Anybody got any up to date info about Dover- Calais situation.Wanting to take the MX5 down to Sain,obviously with the soft top on.
However don't want to risk it if there's still risk.Even though I've just retired from medicine I don't think stitching myself up would be a good start to the holiday.
There was a lively debate on BT .com but the censors at BT don't seem to want honest up to date information and the net seems unreliable. :text-thankyouyellow:
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: calais

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:57 am

Getting there will not be a issue i think, it is coming back that will be the hassle.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
threeflies
Regular

Postby threeflies » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Just be watchful on the way back, seems there's a gang of midget migrants targeting sports cars. Check the boot and engine bay, it's a 2k fine don't ya know :handgestures-thumbup:
Pete - MK2.5 sport 2002 Sunlight Silver
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:34 pm

I would think it would be perfectly safe in an MX5 with 2 people in it. They will be looking for cars where they can squeeze into the boot or maybe sit on a backseat and try to pass themselves off as an innocent passenger. Not much point trying to get into an MX5. There isn't even space to strap themselves to the under-side :lol:
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
Pincherrn
Serial Poster

Postby Pincherrn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:47 pm

We cancelled our trip to Germany because of all the trouble at Calais. I was worried about delays as we were only going for a long weekend. The possible damage to the car by migrants and s**t spraying French farmers did also bother me. I complained on Facebook about Eurotunnel refund policy. Somebody commented today that they were at the port for a 9.30 crossing but were still on the train waiting for departure at 3.30 this afternoon. It looks like Eurotunnel are blocking negative comments on Facebook.

Colin
MEV Exocet.
1995 1.8 Mk1 White Roadster. S Special Type I.
Exocet build thread - http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1138
http://www.jansholistics.co.uk/
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Ahh the tunnel, what a farce , controlled by the French unions.

Use the main Ferries, or do like our neighbours do, pop across from Hull and drive down in to France avoiding the French ports.

Me, well I am land locked and happy to stay at home.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
al_p

Postby al_p » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Expect 2 hr delay for cars on average
I remember the days when ‘Blue Ray’ was an elderly gentleman who drowned in our local swimming pool.
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Forget Spain Come to Ireland where it is green and occasionally sunny :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbup:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4699
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:36 pm

:laughing-rolling:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm

:handgestures-thumbup:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4699

Return to “General chat and banter”