What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
********We would like to take a moment of your time in thanking everyone that as helped us keep this forum going, from donations, sponsorship, hands on help and all the members that have used us, as it was built to help follow owners keep their passion on the roads, as we step into 2020 we hope all your hopes and dreams come true, we need to heart felt thank the owners that have given donations to help us carry on already so early into the new year and believing in what we are trying to do for everyone , it is also with great pride we thank AUTOLINKMX5 Mr Andrew Stott for sponsoring us again for this year, Andrew is not only a business but a very passionate petrol head and is always there to help fellow members in need regardless, the monthly discount code is always updated every end of the month with a fresh code so jump on getting it cheaper from us and Andrew , looking into this year we are hoping to arrange mazdamenders tech days/weekends this year to become the norm to meet and get our hands dirty all together, drive her like you stole her and weld that smile in place. *********
The mazdamenders team

non runner

Got a problem, need some advice ?
Get in here and ask the pros. There will always be one to bring you the correct answer, quickly.
Please bare in mind advice offered by some may not be correct. Pay attention to user ratings and status for a better idea on their knowledge.
Mx5bitz

Re: non runner

Postby Mx5bitz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 am

Made aware of this thread so forgive me for jumping in.

BP7P is a manual ecu only, BP6P is auto ecu only.
The BP7P will run the auto engine but revs unstable in use so effectively undriveable. I know this because I supplied a BP7P set to a garage for an auto some years ago and also other peoples experience when trying the same thing. In a previous thread https://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7548&p=61359&hilit=bp6p#p61359 by ChrisA25, another guy I spent a lot of time talking to, the BP7P was tried too with the same issue.

The immobiliser emulator for the MK2.5 is exactly that, and replaces a faulty immobiliser. I understand exactly what it does and am confident that it is a good solution to an increasingly common issue. The service I offer includes testing the problematic immobiliser to prove the need for an emulator, not that proof is really required because symptoms are usually very clear. So far in a short history of supply 10 have been provided and there have been 10 satisfied customers. MK2.5 immobiliser failure is becoming very common and is reasonably easy to diagnose. I will do a write up of the problem and my solution soon.

I understand from todays text Kenny that you are scrapping the car which is a shame. Please keep the ecu and immobiliser for me.

Thanks Rob
kennyjd
New

Re: non runner

Postby kennyjd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:08 pm

Mx5bitz wrote:Made aware of this thread so forgive me for jumping in.

BP7P is a manual ecu only, BP6P is auto ecu only.
The BP7P will run the auto engine but revs unstable in use so effectively undriveable. I know this because I supplied a BP7P set to a garage for an auto some years ago and also other peoples experience when trying the same thing. In a previous thread https://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7548&p=61359&hilit=bp6p#p61359 by ChrisA25, another guy I spent a lot of time talking to, the BP7P was tried too with the same issue.

The immobiliser emulator for the MK2.5 is exactly that, and replaces a faulty immobiliser. I understand exactly what it does and am confident that it is a good solution to an increasingly common issue. The service I offer includes testing the problematic immobiliser to prove the need for an emulator, not that proof is really required because symptoms are usually very clear. So far in a short history of supply 10 have been provided and there have been 10 satisfied customers. MK2.5 immobiliser failure is becoming very common and is reasonably easy to diagnose. I will do a write up of the problem and my solution soon.

I understand from todays text Kenny that you are scrapping the car which is a shame. Please keep the ecu and immobiliser for me.

Thanks Rob

Hello Rob, If the car is going to be broken for parts, then you can have whatever you want! We have someone interested in the car as a whole but since explaining the probable cause of the car not running we have not heard anything, keep you informed.

Return to “Problems”