What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Intermittent failure to run

Got a problem, need some advice ?
Get in here and ask the pros. There will always be one to bring you the correct answer, quickly.
Please bare in mind advice offered by some may not be correct. Pay attention to user ratings and status for a better idea on their knowledge.
rewind647

Intermittent failure to run

Postby rewind647 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:16 am

I had an intermittent fault on my G Reg Mk1 Eunos which took me four weeks to find, it was driving me mad! The car would start and run normally sometimes, other times it would completely refuse to start or it would stop for no apparent reason. I tried changing the ECU, Ignitor, Coil Pack, Plugs, Leads, Fuel Circuit opening relay, all with no success. Sometimes it would start with PF/GND linked to get the fuel pump running, other times that did not work. Eventually changed the Cam Angle Sensor for a used one off a scrap car and bingo, no problems. Now runs as sweet as a nut.

Hopefully this might save someone some time and frustration if they have a similar problem.

Cheers,

Rewind
sheffj
New

Re: Intermittent failure to run

Postby sheffj » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Interesting and good detective work to solve that one!

I had a similarish problem. Sometimes I'd turn the key and my Mk1 Eunos would not turn over. If I waited a while and kept trying it would then start as normal. This seemed to be completely random. Even when the car would not start the immobiliser LED would still go out just as it should do implying that the immobiliser was working fine.
I did discover that when failing to start there was no voltage at the starter solenoid. After cleaning the ignition barrel and still no closer to solving the problem I untaped and exposed all the wiring to the immobiliser and found that when the car wouldn't start there was no output to the starter solenoid from the immobiliser. On taking the immobiliser apart I found that the soldered connection to one of the connector pins was cracked. I therefore went over all the connector pins with a soldering iron and found that the problem seemed to be sorted. That was 6 months ago and it's started first time ever since.

The immobiliser is an AUTOWATCH 171PPi

Hope this might be helpful to someone else who may have had similar problems. I think it's caused by stress and vibration at the connector resulting in cracking of the connector pin solder joints. Chances are if it's happened on my car then it will have happened to someone else who has the same or a similar immobiliser fitted.
1993 BRG Mk1 1.6 Eunos V Special
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:34 am

Menders in the house guys :text-goodpost: :clap: :clap: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow:

Well done lads.
:handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
liam7200
Regular

Postby liam7200 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Good work pal, I'm doing a similar thing at present but i think mine is the fuel pump it self.. replacing one thing at a time haha and it always the last thing you think off :)
storm
Site Admin

Postby storm » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:01 pm

When i got my 5 it did something similar. One day she just refused to start. Tried the CAS, fuel pump, removed the immobiliser, coil pack ignition barrel, fuel filter, plugs, wires, spark amplifier, relays,..... turns out the solders on the AFM had given up .

20141119_084221.jpg
20141119_084221.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 31692 times
1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young!
cabletastic
New

Postby cabletastic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:48 am

Hi all - first post on the board. Had my Mk2.5 for about two weeks now and it's exhibiting similar symptoms. Won't start normally 90% of the time but if I put it in reverse and then jerk up the clutch, she fires straight away. This isn't ideal and I have been trying things to fix it - so far it's had a new fuel pump (which didn't resolve this issue but the car is MUCH more responsive now), fuel filter and plugs. I was leaning towards the Cam sensor so it's encouraging to read that someone else here had a similar issue which this resolved.
I'll report back once I have changed this out and see if it fixes my issue!
cabletastic
New

Postby cabletastic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Well, turned out it wasn't the cam sensor (which hasn't arrived yet..). It was the MAF sensor. Took it off, cleaned it with some MAF sensor fluid, let it dry, replaced it and boom - she starts first time, every time now. Car also pulls much better through the gears. Twenty minute fix and saved me a lot of time and $ so hopefully if anyone else is having this issue this might help.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 pm

Great news.......
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

Return to “Problems”