What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

screeching noise when engine starts

Got a problem, need some advice ?
Get in here and ask the pros. There will always be one to bring you the correct answer, quickly.
Please bare in mind advice offered by some may not be correct. Pay attention to user ratings and status for a better idea on their knowledge.
Leafo
Just Run In

screeching noise when engine starts

Postby Leafo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:03 pm

I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer any advice on this. Basically this loud screeching noise started a couple of weeks ago coming from the engine and lasting about 5-6 seconds when I first start the car and then it goes off. Every time I took it to the garage, sods law it didn't make the noise so they couldn't source the problem. Fast forward to now and the noise has been getting a lot louder and I felt sorry for my neighbours listening to it first thing on morning so I asked the garage yesterday to replace the drive belts. They have done this and now although it doesn't make the same screeching noise, it still makes a scratch lasting about 2 seconds! Any ideas as to what this could be? Any advice would be much appreciated. My car is a Eunos 1997
Leafo
Just Run In

Re: screeching noise when engine starts

Postby Leafo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Sorry I meant scratch not scratch with regards the 2 second noise it makes now
Leafo
Just Run In

Postby Leafo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 pm

screech!! :-))))
MarkEt
Just Run In

Postby MarkEt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:06 pm

It does sound like a belt
Leafo
Just Run In

Postby Leafo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:16 pm

I've made sure that all the air con and the radio, lights etc are switched off too when I switch it on and it still does it. The garage said it could be a pulley and that it could get expensive replacing parts as they're hard to find (I think they're pulling a fast one with this personally as I know mx5 parts are fairly easy to source and reasonably priced).
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Where are you?...would be nice the see/hear this noise by vid.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:21 pm

Leafo wrote:I've made sure that all the air con and the radio, lights etc are switched off too when I switch it on and it still does it. The garage said it could be a pulley and that it could get expensive replacing parts as they're hard to find (I think they're pulling a fast one with this personally as I know mx5 parts are fairly easy to source and reasonably priced).

Bits for MX5s are readily available and compared to many modern makes, affordable.

Sounds to me like an idler pulley but to hear it would be better. Is it only occurring at first start up or does it happen everytime you start her up???

:confusion-confused:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!

Return to “Problems”