What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
Having problems logging in? Please clear your cache and remove the MazdaMenders related cookie from your browser.
If you need assistance doing this, don't hesitate to contact us on FaceBook or email forum-admin@mazdamenders.net stating the browser you use.

Regards
Admin

Crankshaft Pulley Mk2.5

Got a problem, need some advice ?
Get in here and ask the pros. There will always be one to bring you the correct answer, quickly.
Please bare in mind advice offered by some may not be correct. Pay attention to user ratings and status for a better idea on their knowledge.
scunninghamk
Just Run In

Crankshaft Pulley Mk2.5

Postby scunninghamk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 pm

I’ve been suspicious of the Crankshaft pulley for a while as it is pretty rusty and has been for a while.. but I opened the bonnet to find that the alternator pulley belt was on its last legs and so I’m preparing to replace the belts with new. But while I’m down there I wondered about changing the crankshaft pulley as well.
2 questions. Where the heck can I get one? Is it fairly simple, and are there pitfalls that an mechanical idiot like me isn’t seeing???
V6 Power Junkie

Re: RE: Crankshaft Pulley Mk2.5

Postby V6 Power Junkie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm

scunninghamk wrote:I’ve been suspicious of the Crankshaft pulley for a while as it is pretty rusty and has been for a while.. but I opened the bonnet to find that the alternator pulley belt was on its last legs and so I’m preparing to replace the belts with new. But while I’m down there I wondered about changing the crankshaft pulley as well.
2 questions. Where the heck can I get one? Is it fairly simple, and are there pitfalls that an mechanical idiot like me isn’t seeing???
Something like this is worth a thought to take some weight off your engine, but I'm sure you'll pick one up plenty of spares for them about, or go and get yours sandblasted and put a bit of paint on it
https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/16v4 ... k-pulley-0

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
If the link don't work type lightweight crank wheel
Last edited by V6 Power Junkie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Speedy
Epic Poster

Re: Crankshaft Pulley Mk2.5

Postby Speedy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Try http://www.autolinkmx5.com/mazda-mx-5-parts-8-c.asp Give Andrew a ring I'm sure he will have all the bits you require.
1989 Just imported with 30,000 km, Maruha Four Pot calipers, 270mm disks, Rose jointed drop links, Uprated ARB's, Meister R Coilovers, Rota wheels, LSD, Zoom console, Maruha Alternator, Jenvey IRTB's, Megasquirt ECU

2011 2.0 RC Sport Tech in Aluminium, Smart Top.

Return to “Problems”