What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

MK2 1800Rs Jap Import 1999

Mx/Roadsters for sale From us and you,Any traders DO need to get in touch first ,otherwise it will be removed
altruistic1964
Regular

MK2 1800Rs Jap Import 1999

Postby altruistic1964 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi. I have a MK2 1800RS and am thinking (merely "thinking" you understand) of selling her on as I don't get to use her enough. Please see below for details

(Imported from Japan on 4/4/07 with 89,000 kilometres (55,304 miles) comes with Certification of authenticity)
Reg No: T431 JUX
Colour: Blue
Date of first registration: 1 April 1999
MOT due: June 2017 (passed in June 2016 with no advisories)
Service due: Service is now due (last service May 2015 at 85,889)
Current mileage: 88,430 (I have covered just over 4,900 miles since purchasing the car in June 2014)
2 new front tyres at most recent MOT
2 rear tyres replaced in 2015

Spec:

Thatcham Approved Cat 2 Sterling TOAD alarm/immobiliser (2x keys and 2x immobilisers)
6 speed gearbox
Nardi steering wheel
ABS brakes
Air conditioning
Electric aerial/mirrors/windows
Torsen Limited Slip Differential
Bilstein Suspension
Lightened flywheel
147hp
Front mesh grille
Aftermarket windbreaker
Wharfedale WH-180 In Car CD Head Unit (detachable with carrying case)
Tonneau cover

This is not your usual MK2 MX-5 – the sills and rear arches are rust-free and it was fully undersealed in July 2014. This could be a show car with a small amount of money spent.

Mechanically sound, engine bay is exceptionally clean and it had the timing belt/water pump/aux belts and engine coolant changed in July 2014 at 83,881.

The paintwork is not perfect but is very good for a car that is 17 years old. Hood is showing signs of age and it may need cleaning/renewing.

I also have a paper file of all relevant documentation

As there are so few around, I am struggling to set a realistic price. Does anyone know what price I should be advertising it for. The big pluses are timing belt and water pump done 2014, fully undersealed by Wayne himself and it comes with a full 12 month MOT with no advisories.

Thanks in advance.
David Watson (Huddersfield)
(Currently MX5-less but working on it.....)

Return to “The forecourt (Mx-5/roadsters)”