What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Dinitrol RC900

Everything about getting your 5 looking beautiful, shiny & keeping it that way
ne.ross
Just Run In

Dinitrol RC900

Postby ne.ross » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Has anyone used this product? what is it like? Are there better alternatives out there?

I have removed the old underseal from the wheel arches and i have wire wheeled the surface rust out but there is some pitting with rust in that I need to sort out.
Red 2003 MK2.5 S-VT Sport
drumtochty

Re: Dinitrol RC900

Postby drumtochty » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:45 pm

It's a last resort product.

If you have bad surface rust but not all the way through.

Rub down
Rust Convert
Prime
Topcoat
If required underseal.

That is what most people including Dinitol say is the best method.

If you have a cavity that you cannot work in due to access problems, you spray the Dinitrol RC900 goo in there onto the rust. Dinitrol advises that it will stop the rust and seal it from getting worse.

I think at best it will slow things down.

Therefore only use it in areas you cannot access, not areas that you can get at the rust.
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:16 am

It's good stuff and will do the job, but like any product it is only any good if the prep work as been done correct, i personlly like Schutz.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-3M-Car-Bo ... xyaTxTR-kS.
But as with them all , just doing the outside is a waste of time, the box sections need doing to if they are in good condition , if they are on the way out then get them repaired correct first and then kill them with the stuff, if they are rotten and they get covered then you are again wasting your time plus it will make it harder for the repairer to repair them.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
ne.ross
Just Run In

Postby ne.ross » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:16 pm

thanks for the replies, i sprayed the arches with RC900 and it converted the few patches black and there was no rust left on show. None of the places that had rust let the screw driver go through so Im hoping it was just surface rust that was from the old flaking underseal
Red 2003 MK2.5 S-VT Sport
MartyM
Just Run In

Postby MartyM » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:14 pm

I use this for inside sills/chassis rails
MartyM
Just Run In

Postby MartyM » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:17 pm

This stuff is not bad for protecting wheel arch lips & spraying on suspension arms etc
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 pm

MartyM wrote:Image
I use this for inside sills/chassis rails

Who stocks this product??
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
MartyM
Just Run In

Postby MartyM » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:06 am

Last few lots I have purchased via ebay. the more you buy the cheaper works out at about ÂŁ6 a tin. I normally use an extension tube with spray nozzle on end to get into sill etc.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Cheers, will have a gander on the bay of all Es later.
:text-thankyouyellow:
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Bry, you do know that is not dinitrol.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Yep, its not for the MX, its for our lasses fezza
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

MartyM
Just Run In

Postby MartyM » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Some info on Supertrol
Supertrol 001 anti rust spray is a penetrating rust proofing fluid, which prevents rust and does not contain silicone. Supertrol 001 stops internal rust and offers a protective coating that stays flexible and is compatible with existing vehicle protection waxes. Supertrol is ideal for corrosion protection of steel components in storage or in transit. A single application of the product by spray or brush will give corrosion protection to metal. Always ensure that metal parts are clean and dry. Spray the component and let dry before handling. The duration of effective corrosion protection will vary with atmospheric and storage conditions, reapplication will extend the protective period. Regular inspection of the treated surface is advised. Supertrol can be removed with normal industrial solvent products. Supertrol is a corrosion preventive material. It is intended primarily to inhibit corrosion in motor vehicle box sections, sill panels, door frames etc., It is suitable for farm equipment and industrial steelwork where a temporary/easily removed coating is required. Supertrol dries to a soft film water repellent coating which resists cracking. Supertrol is vibration resistant and is therefore suitable for commercial vehicles and equipment.

Return to “Cleaning & Detailing”