What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Max5 racing at mallory park

Old posts and threads live in here for Track and Racing ,please feel free to have a nosey.
locke-alike
New

Max5 racing at mallory park

Postby locke-alike » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Sunday 30th September 2012

Well the last round is a double header on the same day so No tent was required so we missed out on the evening fun of shivering competitions and beer chugging.

But that did mean I was on the road at 05.00 just to make sure I got to Mallory Park on time as loast year ther was road closures and I made it with about 45 minutes to spare and since the diet and the cycling have taken a leave of absence I’m not upto to running across the paddock to sign on.

On arrival the same old cheery faces slowly appeared and the usual banter started, and it was a good opertunity to meet some of the new drivers and try and size them up…especialy Amy !!

Can you see a theme here!

We got the cars ready and we all passed scruiteneering and then it was ready for qualifying.. On such a short circuit the 22 car grid did make things a little tight and there were several very close groups and the times showed that only 5 seconds covered 1st to 20th and that this was going to be very close racing.
Overtaking was going to come down to late braking or going around the outside of Gerrards and the Mk1 were putting times in very similar to the heavier Mk3’s so this was going to be close. And this was qualify showed with many people trying to judge the other drivers styles and speed and I managed a 58.10 (1.04 last year) putting me in 15th place on the grid.

RACE 1

Green flag lap and then around to the grid for final formation. The 30 and 5 second boards are shown then the lights go RED…….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0eFJTlFm4

I had a good start again but the other drivers are on to me and are shutting the gap early and once it bogged down into a balls out fight I started to loose time as I am probably to cautious about hitting anyone but I still got a nudged in a few places.

The 13th position was disappointing but every lap was under the minute mark and was very exciting to be in the thick of it.

RACE 2

A lot of wheel slip was NOT what I needed here and Amy snuck in front as we exited Gerrards. She then showed a lot of experience in making her car fit the whole track as a host of drivers tried to find a way past

Even when the front runners were being Blue flagged past no one in this 6 car tustle wanted to give an edge if you eased a little to let them past some else would take advantage.This made for some tight 3 across racing and brave moves towards the Hairpin…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKpGWz1cJAk

Well done to P Roddison and M Theaker for there overall 1st place in the (championship).
At a guess I don’t think its going to be so easy next year, now all the new drivers have settled into the rank and file and heres to see who takes the plunge next year.

Its been 19 months since I started this Blog and now I think its time to do something different.
A lots happened from the nervous ,enthusiastic start with more luck than judgement, Ive found on a good day I can just about mix it with the middle of the pack and Just missed out on a Podium finish at Anglesey (4th) and a 5th place overall this year .

Thanks to everyone whos been interested and the few who have been inpired by the Lucky Racing Pants…which has made me googles No1 image. I will be still racing next year but also want to do other stuff…that Nurburgring track day still alludes me…ooohh and Spa and maybe some hill climbing……..etc …etc

Thank you to

Mrs Ma’s Bars
Bryn Hilton Motors
The BlackLights (no money but cool tunes)
Paul + Jon for keeping the Max5 spirit where it should be
And all the drivers who have made “taking FUN seriously” a pleasure and a challenge in equal measure.

Alan

The Captain
Turbo Charged

Re: Max5 racing at mallory park

Postby The Captain » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Nice write up Alan, congratulations on the season.
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Feckin brill. Thanks for the great write up & some fantastic natural pictures :auto-layrubber:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:28 am

Nice one Al, keep them coming buddy.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Risingsun
Serial Poster

Postby Risingsun » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Brilliant stuff Alan... always good to see some motorsport piccies... :handgestures-thumbup:
1991 Mk1 1.6 BBR Le-Mans now sold
1994 Mk1 1.8 Import
2019 Mk4 2.0 30th Anniversary

http://www.mxfivers.com

Return to “ARCHIVE:- Track / Racing”