What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Bodywork on my MX5

This is the section to see what is hidding behind those panels, and how to get rid of the tin worm, cutting out and welding in fresh metal, protection and paint.
psychotic madman
Regular

Bodywork on my MX5

Postby psychotic madman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi all. My car is on the road and running well, but has a few bits of bodywork that need doing, mainly all 4 arches. I want to do this work myself, but am a little unsure how to go about it. I have watched a few vids on youtube, but i dont really think i am confident enough to tackle these jobs just by watching videos. What i am proposing is to come to someones workshop for a few visits and watch how to do the whole job, from stripping back the paint, to cutting out, replacing with new metal and finishing off the job. I am willing to lend a hand in any way i can in return for a little tuition. I love my car and only want the best for it, so i am prepared to do whatever it takes to get it in tiptop shape. I will be running her this year, then taking her off the road in Sept. I dont have a garage as such, more a large storage room with an up and over door, but not big enough to get the car in, so most of the work will be done under a temporary car port that i will be building at work ready for kick off in sept. I get married on the 21st april and will be away for 2 weeks after that, but from the middle of may, if anyone can accommodate me in this venture, i would be grateful. Due to work commitments, i will only be available at weekends. I am in Preston, Lancs so would appreciate someone within 30 miles or so to offer me this chance. I will supply my own butties and coffee. Thanks to anyone who can help me out here. Cheers. Chris.
drumtochty

Re: Bodywork on my MX5

Postby drumtochty » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Check out your local Technicl College.

They tend to do bodywork courses starting in September and April. I did one in Aberdeen a year ago.
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
psychotic madman
Regular

Postby psychotic madman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Never thought of that, cheers, great idea.
psychotic madman
Regular

Postby psychotic madman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:39 am

Well i have just been checking my local colleges, seems like a ÂŁ1000+ is the going rate for these courses. Think i will have to try to find a local bodyshop that will help me out here. :eek:
psychotic madman
Regular

Postby psychotic madman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Ok, maybe someone will offer me a job if i tell you i am a welder by trade.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Welder by trade, your half way there buddy as most of us can weld but badly.
:coffee:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
psychotic madman
Regular

Postby psychotic madman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:18 am

Welding isnt the problem, its doing it all correctly that i need to learn.

Return to “General Body shop”