What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Canems ECU's any dealings anyone

nedski
Serial Poster

Canems ECU's any dealings anyone

Postby nedski » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi
I need to go for a proper ecu for my turbo.
80% of mx5 drivers seem to choose megasquirt. But Canems were recommended to me and after speaking to the owner he sounds very helpfull. They are also plug and play into the harness and best of all they are 10 mins from me.
Has anyone used this company before ?
http://www.canems.co.uk/

Apparently these run the Canems Ecu http://www.roadrunnerracing.net/

regards
Neil
Mk1 1.6 Turbo. Gaz shocks. Tr Lane roll bar.
Garage Owner, Lincolshire
Helper to the Scunny track day crew and North Linc's Track Day Club.
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Re: Canems ECU's any dealings anyone

Postby flea » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 pm

:confusion-confused: I'm not your man :lol:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Not my area yet until i enter the world of adding boost, personally i will not be going megasquirt, i'll have a word with Ste down at autolink, what he does not know about adding boost is not worth knowing.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
nedski
Serial Poster

Postby nedski » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm

A guy at this company commented on my face book page. Saying they were a better system than the megasquirt.
http://www.rdt.tv/

Who knows. :confusion-confused: More research to do, but they are on my doorstep and invited me around to have a look at their stuff. If and when i go for an ecu I'll post it all on here. :handgestures-thumbup:
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 pm

nedski wrote:A guy at this company commented on my face book page. Saying they were a better system than the megasquirt.
http://www.rdt.tv/

Who knows. :confusion-confused: More research to do, but they are on my doorstep and invited me around to have a look at their stuff. If and when i go for an ecu I'll post it all on here. :handgestures-thumbup:
:handgestures-thumbup:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 pm

How do they compare on price with the other vendors?
Niall

1997 1.8i Roadster in Black
- Induction kit, Stainless Exhaust System, Lowered Springs
1998 1.8i S MX-5 in Silver
- Under restoration

Also into taking a few pictures - check out my website.
nedski
Serial Poster

Postby nedski » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 pm

quoted around £425 + vat . Think thats with a plug in wiring harness and software. Mine being a 1.6 would need a throttle potentiometer. I didn't get too deep into it as it was a quick call really, and i'm not quite ready for one just yet.
The main thing for me is, they were recomended, are local to me (uk based to the rest of you) and a good price. Also friendly on the phone.
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am

I must admit, I've never heard of them. That doesn't mean they aren't a good option of course.
Most seem to be going for MS and there are a good number (like me) that have gone for Adaptronic. Mine cost me £800 for the ecu + plug & play harness + MAP sensor + AIT sensor + 4 x 550cc RC injectors.
Whatever you go for, make sure you also budget for someone to tune it for you - unless you are good at it yourself that is. Personally, although I'm happy to play with the fuelling and other functions like the idle, I'd prefer to pay someone who knows what they are doing to get the timing right.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
nedski
Serial Poster

Postby nedski » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Where did you source your injectors from and what kind of ball park Figure on price. Many seem to use the Yellow rx8 injectors.
Yes the rolling road session to add to the price, an uprated clutch if she goes over 200hp too. Maybe a coolant re route as I'm already having some issues on longer track stints. etc etc
I can see the list going on and on. :shock:
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 pm

I got all that kit from Phil Dixon of Performance 5. The injectors were from his own car and he did a nice deal for me as I'm a long-term customer of his. Where it says on his website "As recommended in EVO Magazines road & track car feature 2005", that was my car that they tested :cool:
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
BenF
Epic Poster

Postby BenF » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Lazza wrote: "As recommended in EVO Magazines road & track car feature 2005", that was my car that they tested :cool:

Can I have your autograph? :handgestures-thumbup:
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 pm

BenF wrote:
Lazza wrote: "As recommended in EVO Magazines road & track car feature 2005", that was my car that they tested :cool:

Can I have your autograph? :handgestures-thumbup:

LOL, Funny enough you aren't the first to have said that! :lol:
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
al_p

Postby al_p » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:28 am

main things people do when getting an aftermarket standalone is add the full range potentometer throttle sensor as the mx5 one is more of a switch , also a fast reaction inlet temp sensor (the mk2/2.5 mx5 inlet temp sensor is to slow to react) a wideband lambda ( i am a fan of the innovate one) and finally a map sensor (manifold absolute pressure) these will enable you to bin the flap type mass sensor also it gives the ecu more information to work on to get the fuelling correct these are things worth buying along side the new ecu also the 440 rx8 injectors are a good idea ..

anyway onto the ecu i cant recommend the link g4 plug and play enough as its fantastic , the only down side is that link know that so charge a silly price for it , i have just bought a megasquirt v4.0 and it looks like its going to be a bitch of a job to install unfortunately ive not heard of the one you posted so i will have a look at it :)
I remember the days when ‘Blue Ray’ was an elderly gentleman who drowned in our local swimming pool.
nedski
Serial Poster

Postby nedski » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:44 pm

al_p wrote:main things people do when getting an aftermarket standalone is add the full range potentometer throttle sensor as the mx5 one is more of a switch , also a fast reaction inlet temp sensor (the mk2/2.5 mx5 inlet temp sensor is to slow to react) a wideband lambda ( i am a fan of the innovate one) and finally a map sensor (manifold absolute pressure) these will enable you to bin the flap type mass sensor also it gives the ecu more information to work on to get the fuelling correct these are things worth buying along side the new ecu also the 440 rx8 injectors are a good idea ...

I'd Just like to say I have done all of the above. Thanks for the sale of the megasquirt al_p. I got it to work in the end with help from Bailey Performance who knows his stuff too. The more accurate fuelling and timing control help lift the boost around 4psi from 11 to around 15psi. Bhp and torque were up around 20%. :handgestures-thumbup:
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk

Return to “Turbo chargers”