What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Please welcome Mazdamenders.net approved car insurance Co

General chat on all things Mx/Roadster
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Regular

Re: Please welcome Mazdamenders.net approved car insurance C

Postby DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:04 pm

GlennyGills wrote:Dan,
I have a question. when renewal is due most brokers (A-Flux) included just qoute for a renewal with the existing company and don't bother relooking at the market. Whay is that?

Cheers

John

Hi

Im not really sure what everyone else does but we look to see which is the best we can offer but yes we do like to retain with the same company if we can, but this is only if we can use discount to get the rate down to match the other one , otherwise we will replace if we cant get it down. It all depends what sort of flexibility is given by the insurer at the time of renewal (this changes all the time). A select amount of our companys will have a discount we can give instead of replacing them with other insurers with ourselves.

Regards

Dan
threeflies
Regular

Postby threeflies » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:03 pm

I've been thinking about this more and more lately , insurance. Like most Mx5 fanatics here we spend a fair chunk of cash looking after , renovating and improving our cars. I have a work car but this is simple kept running.

So my question is how do we insure our cars for what they are worth after spending so much money on them. I know my Peugeot is worth book price as it's just maintained. My MX5 is spoilt rotten so I need my outlay covered.

Hope this makes sense.
Pete - MK2.5 sport 2002 Sunlight Silver
binarypunk

Postby binarypunk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:42 pm

You need to ask for quotes for an 'agreed value' policy when you shop around. They tend to cost a bit more, and they tend to want evidence to back up the value (pics and paperwork or a valuation from a club, etc) but then they will pay out what's agreed if the worst happens.
Jon - UK Mk1 1.6 1993 Classic Red

Check out my MX5 mods and tools:
http://www.binarypunk.co.uk
Need spares? Go to Autolink!
http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Regular

Postby DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:43 am

The quote above is correct, An agreed value can be asked for but I would ask this when you get a quote as many insurers will not offer this. They will need pictures and forms sent in to explain how much you think it is worth and the agreed value department will look into this.

Say if you spent £2k fixing a car doesnt always mean it is going to be worth £2k more on some casses.

Regards

Dan
Tony Rama
Just Run In

Postby Tony Rama » Thu May 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Just signed up with Adrian Flux about a month ago. 7.5K miles per annum on classic policy. Very pleased. Me and the Misses for £163.
1995 NA 1.8 EUNOS G-LTD
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Thu May 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Tony Rama wrote:Just signed up with Adrian Flux about a month ago. 7.5K miles per annum on classic policy. Very pleased. Me and the Misses for £163.

:handgestures-thumbup: Well done
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 pm

:handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Jpjsavage
Just Run In

Postby Jpjsavage » Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Just got my Eunos insured with them. £104 on a classic car policy. Bargain!
Jonathan

Mk1 Eunos 1992 (1.6, auto)
BenF
Epic Poster

Postby BenF » Fri May 16, 2014 6:50 am

Welcome Dan :cool:
what are you guys like with road legal competition cars?
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Regular

Postby DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Tue May 20, 2014 9:30 pm

BenF wrote:Welcome Dan :cool:
what are you guys like with road legal competition cars?

Hi,
We have a couple of special schemes for road legal competition cars. If you would like a quotation on a specific vehicle please feel free to PM me your details and I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Well we thought our renewal price was good till we rang Adrian Flux, 3000mls classic policy for under a ton - result.

Another member of the menders with Adrian Flux Ins.

Hope the renewal next year is as competitive.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
richf
Just Run In

Postby richf » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 pm

I have just signed up for £170, milage limited to 3,000 for me and the wife. Initially told it was £250 but they would match my renewal price from Saga. They have offered me agreed value for free too.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 pm

[quote="blackyb"]Well we thought our renewal price was good till we rang Adrian Flux, 3000mls classic policy for under a ton - result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rang to up our mileage by another 1000 miles seeing as we are now down to just the one MX and the extra cost was about what I paid to insure the little girl so the cars getting little use till renewal time when we will be upping the mileage in the hope the premium doesn't Sky rocket.

:think:
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

blackyb

Postby blackyb » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 am

blackyb wrote:
blackyb wrote:Well we thought our renewal price was good till we rang Adrian Flux, 3000mls classic policy for under a ton - result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rang to up our mileage by another 1000 miles seeing as we are now down to just the one MX and the extra cost was about what I paid to insure the little girl so the cars getting little use till renewal time when we will be upping the mileage in the hope the premium doesn't Sky rocket.

I have my VW with Saga and could well be putting the MX with them as well, will see what Flux come up with at renewal time. :think:
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)

DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:51 pm

blackyb wrote:
blackyb wrote:
blackyb wrote:

I have my VW with Saga and could well be putting the MX with them as well, will see what Flux come up with at renewal time. :think:

Good luck with that! I insured my daily with Saga when i hit the big 50 but their renewal quote was a joke so i`ve never been anywhere near them since.
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.

Return to “Mx/Roadster Chat and Banter”