What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Oil Pressure query MK1 1600

osta
Just Run In

Oil Pressure query MK1 1600

Postby osta » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm not sure if this indicates a potential problem but I've noticed that when I first use my car the oil pressure can stay quite high around 4+ on the gauge at low or normal revs for quite some time, certainly past when the engine reaches it's normal temperature level. Usually after it's been running a while I don't get that kind of reading unless the revs are above 4k. I'm assuming it might be just something like the oil being thicker but I'd thought it would be worth checking it out. Thanks
Mxmurray
Serial Poster

Re: Oil Pressure query MK1 1600

Postby Mxmurray » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 pm

I take it you are referring to the standard oil pressure gauge.
If so than that is simply a type of warning instrument and not a true reflection of the engine condition.
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:57 pm

If its an early Mk1 then they have a real oil pressure gauge. The pressure will be higher when the oil is cold as you suspected. It takes a while for the oil to fully warm up. While the coolant can get up to temp in just a few minutes, the oil takes a fair bit longer so seeing "operating temp" on the water temp gauge doesn't mean the oil has warmed up yet.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
osta
Just Run In

Postby osta » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:20 am

Thanks that's helpful and makes sense.

Return to “MK1 -1989 > 1997 (NA)”