What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Electric Mk1 MX5!

Make us laugh, in what ever way that maybe,Jokes, pic's, links etc
Hugeness
Regular

Electric Mk1 MX5!

Postby Hugeness » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:26 am

Well peeps, it appears Automotive Nirvana is possible... I’m about to convert my 1996 mk1 into an EV!
Yes, no more excessive road tax for me. Yes, no more annoying petrol bills for me.... how?
Well settle in folks, I’ve unlocked to path to fuel free motoring, and you can come to! :auto-layrubber:
I’ve discovered an product that will transform my car almost (but not quite) as much as my amazing Delrin door bushes...

This... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neosocket-Fue ... Sw7aBVF8-M

As you can quite clearly see this amazing product is capable of saving you 30% of you fuel bill, I know.. I can hardly believe it myself! Well, the product details state (using the word capacitor so he MUST be some kind of scientist)...

“The FUELSHARK is a new application of an old technology. Basically, it acts like a small battery that helps your car's electrical system perform better. The small device is fitted with a capacitor that once plugged in to your 12v adapter is instantly connected to the car's main electrical system. (capacitors are also commonly used to power the electronic flash in cameras)”

So, I’m going to nip over to Mm’s gaff and get him to fit 2 extra fag lighter sockets and BOOM! 90% fuel savings. In fact I’m going to get 4 fitted, and then my car will literally use NO PETROL AT ALL. In fact for every mile I do I will get 20% of my fuel back err, from err.... somewhere. I could actually sell this! People will pay me to drive.
Obviously there is the initial outlay of £30ish, and maybe a few quid for lighter sockets, but it’s free delivery and only 4 weeks delivery even though the item is in Stoke which is strange, but that’s austerity for you :evil:

I know some of the more cynical amongst you will say “But Hugeness, surely this is just a bit of plastic crap with a 20p led that plugs Ito the fag lighter and won’t do a thing.” But they said that about my fancy £50 door bushes but they have totally transformed the car!

I’ve ordered 4 just now and I’ll post my findings in about 4-6 weeks when they get here from Stoke.

I feel a long picture mod post coming on, hold tight, #free-motoring #EVMazda!

Hugeness
1996 Mk1 Eunos Roadster in red
GlennyGills

Re: Electric Mk1 MX5!

Postby GlennyGills » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Good luck with 4 of them, please don't use more than 4 as the savings have to come from somewhere and my MPG is not brilliant as is. :sad:
I think the 30% saving only works when going downhill though. :cry:

BTW have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgQETYgKuc
'96 Gleneagles MeisterR Coilovers - engine bling stainless mx5parts full exhaust
Hugeness
Regular

Postby Hugeness » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:41 pm

GlennyGills wrote:BTW have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgQETYgKuc

Glennygills,
Those bozo’s had clearly installed it incorrectly, but they sound foreign so what do you expect! I’ve read the bumf and the numbers add up.
I’ve ordered 197 of them (all he’s got) and I’ve got great plans afoot! Take a look at this technical drawing that I’ve knocked... er... I mean have developed and I think you’ll begin to appreciate what I’ve got in mind.
38DE532C-3172-4023-BDB5-342545C8E0B0.jpeg
38DE532C-3172-4023-BDB5-342545C8E0B0.jpeg (604.4 KiB) Viewed 11657 times

To be honest I don’t think the seller realises what he’s got! However, he seems like a decent sort, I mean 197 devices is going to be a big box but he still isn’t charging delivery. I did try to speak to him on the phone but it was a bad line (very strange ringtone considering he’s in Stoke). I couldn’t understand a word he said but the international language of humour broke the ice... he certainly was laughing!
I’m not sure when he’s going to be able to get more stock, but I’m invested so far to the tune of £1477.50 which I think is a small investment to solve the worlds energy problems.
I think we could scale this up and get more cars! Tha only problem so far is sourcing 197 fag lighters fittings. I’ve found 6 so far but “early days” :handgestures-thumbup:

I’ll keep you posted...

Hugeness
1996 Mk1 Eunos Roadster in red
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:39 pm

You would be better off fitting it to a more fuel-hungry car such as a big V8. A thirsty engine will obviously create more fuel with all those miracle devices fitted! Also, the car itself is likely to be bigger so there will be more space to fit more of them.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
MichaelBu

Postby MichaelBu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Lazza wrote:You would be better off fitting it to a more fuel-hungry car such as a big V8. A thirsty engine will obviously create more fuel with all those miracle devices fitted! Also, the car itself is likely to be bigger so there will be more space to fit more of them.

You're making a lot of sense, Lazza. But why stop there, why not install it into a big ass truck?

Return to “Chuckle Box”