What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
hoodedreeper
Regular

Re: Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

Postby hoodedreeper » Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Its with a heavy heart i write this, but I feel I've reached a point where it's time to move on from the Purple Monster. The project needs a lot more money spent before it's finished and unfortunately I feel reluctant to spend it.

The car will be broken in September, that way I can still enjoy it over this show season and use up the remaining Car Insurance. I have a parts price list drafted up and i'm more than happy to take deposits for parts,but they wont be removed until September.

Its time to own my dream car, the R34 Skyline (GTT), I know its very cliche, but oh well.
robabarker
Regular

Postby robabarker » Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 am

It's a shame that you've decided to break her given how much you've out your stamp on the car, but these things happen, interesting that you're going for the GTT rather than the GTR too!

There are a couple of smaller parts that I'd be interested in, but I'll message you on the Facebooks.
MM-tinkered '98 Roadster RS
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Ok, so I am confused, which one is going, the purple beauty or the good looking bluebird??

Going to miss this topic on either car!!
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sat May 19, 2018 6:52 am

Unfortunately i wont be able to afford a GTR :(

The Purple Monster will be going
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Some photos from recent shows/meets/outings taken by me and others

bayzil
Just Run In

Postby bayzil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:44 pm

The Mk1 is such a lovely looking car in its standard form imo, that its a shame you felt the need to mess with it!
Nice, very subtle mods are just about ok but....... :naughty:
Still, each to their own I guess. :handgestures-thumbup:

btw, that very large spoiler thingy.....is that a compensation statement by any chance? :whistle: :think:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eunos Roadster Mk1 1.6 1992 (J)
Silver 3L
15" alloys.
A big boys toy, not a daily driver. :auto-driving:

(Previously owned Mk1 1.6 VSpec 1992 (K). Sold then regretted it!!!!)
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 am

The purists will think I 'ruined' a Mk1, but modifying a car is a visual expression of the owner's imagination.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:46 pm

The purists may think that but you made your car, YOUR CAR!!

I love the look of it just as I do the Aston Mazda, just wish I had some spare cash and a bigger garage??
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 pm

So today myself and Lu embarked on a 7hr round trip to go view a car. Turned out the car was just as clean in person as it was in the photos. After a test drive and another poke around the car i made an offer and he accepted!

Nissan Skyline R34 GTT Series 2

RB25DET

Manual

94k Miles (speedo still in Kmh)

Imported into the UK in 2016

Full respray in 2017

The car has a custom turbo back exhaust,HKS Mushroom filter and an aftermarket stereo, everything is stock!

It only made sense to grab some photos with the MX5 while i can :) :(

bayzil
Just Run In

Postby bayzil » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:33 pm

blackyb wrote:The purists may think that but you made your car, YOUR CAR!!

I love the look of it just as I do the Aston Mazda, just wish I had some spare cash and a bigger garage??

The Mazda MX5 is lovely car in its own right, whatever mk it is. I don't understand the mentality of trying to make it look like another car, ie the Aston Mazda. Also people who make their mk1's look like an Elan...why? Isnt there one around that looks like an etype or a Ferrari? Why? As said before, each to their own I suppose (?), but why butcher a perfectly acceptable car... I don't get it! :confusion-confused:
:handgestures-thumbup:
Eunos Roadster Mk1 1.6 1992 (J)
Silver 3L
15" alloys.
A big boys toy, not a daily driver. :auto-driving:

(Previously owned Mk1 1.6 VSpec 1992 (K). Sold then regretted it!!!!)
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

A few weeks back we advertised the Blue MX for sale, no one was interested but received a few messages asking about breaking. So we ended up stripping the car and the shell got scrapped (which is a shame, because it was pretty rust free). Before the work begun we had one last photoshoot with them both together

Time to say goodbye :(

We took the Monster and R34 to the Japanese Performance Show a week or so ago. Having decided we won't be attending JAE for the first time in many years, this was the last show for the MX5 :(

We got back and i jumped into a friend's car to take some rolling shots. This is something i've wanted doing for alooong time

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:53 pm

Sunday just gone I arranged a photoshoot with a few friends of mine who have Japanese cars too. Very pleased with how the group photos have come out,also did some solo photos of each car too

Only 8 more days till the final day :( I plan on spending this Saturday driving it as much as a i can as its my last full day, I'm sure there will be more photos. Wednesday 5th is the very last day, which i'll be spending taking it to pieces
storm
Site Admin

Postby storm » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Damn Chris! I cannot believe i missed the last few posts..i only realised what happened after speaking to you on instagram (therealaardvark). Gotta say, always loved and respected your 5. Sad that she will be stripped and we shall lose another stunning car from the shows.

I wish you (once again) the best of luck with the skyline bud. Be safe and do keep checking in with us.
1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young!
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Thank you for the very kind words. I wish i didn't have to do it, but unfortunately I'm unable to afford to keep both :(
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:42 pm

The time had come to start stripping the car, it went extremely smoothly and we ended up doing it all in 2 days.

My friend Matt purchased the shell, he has previously built 2x drift MX5s both 1JZ powered,S14 rear subframe,skyline diff etc etc. He's been wanting a car that had history and this was the perfect car.

The car will be staying the same Honda Amethyst Purple and will still have a BGW! This was awesome to hear :D

Here's a couple of photos of his first build which he'll be using as a carbon copy for the new build

So i guess thats the end of an era, MX5 ownership over the past 7 years has taught me alot whether its mechanical side of things or choosing modifications. I've met some amazing people cos of this little car, and I've been lucky to call some friends. The MX5/Miata community is certainly the best I've ever been involved with and can't thank every single person who has read/viewed/liked/commented on the build threads.

Thank you all again

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”