What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

S-Ltd - "The Black Lemon"

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: S-Ltd - "The Black Lemon"

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:40 pm

My MK2 and a 1/4 blow her engine on the M6 5 years back , I sourced an engine with low miles to build for her...stripped her and built the engine all ready and sourced loads of other bits to add to her...she is still sat on axle stands waiting as it "expanded" as they all do...but she will get done as I move through them...the Mk2 blue VS as been sat 4 years "nearly done" but she "expanded" with good money thrown and sat on her, I will finish her...
Money had to be spent else where...covid hit and family losses X3
They will all get done in the end as priorities rise Thier heads , I have a budget just like everyone else and share my time across a lot of things...cars are not my full time bill payer any more , I work full time and hit the cars in the evenings,weekends and time off where allowed...it's a juggling act with everything and I am always treading water.
The online stuff is done in-between and time with the family...I have no where dry to do anything I do and is "all" done outside relaying on my bud god to be kind to me.
The garage and out house will be sorted this year to help speed up the process and use the welder a lot more which will also help take the pressure off Ste .
You are lucky in that you have somewhere dry to work, and drop tools walk away and come back where you left off like pausing a game, I really envy you for that...plus you have a wide area of knowledge to hand on here ready to help and help with the struggle...you are not alone...everyday is a learning day...we have all been done over at some point...which is a negative....but there is always a positive as the two cannot be without each other, the blue VS ,I over paid for but I will sort her and come out winning.
Make a solid plan and work to hit over coming the hurdles along the way because there 100% will be, only get wise to jumping them and go under them.
As you have seen I have bought another that needs ÂŁ1000's throwing at her to make her one of the best, and I also have committed to 10 builds with Autolkmx5, plus what ever else comes along...Steve pounder as commissioned me to built his this year, which I will do for him....all this outside with a full time job and family, I love what I do, we put smiles on poeples face and joy/pride, use the time right and that's all we can do.
I would love to have a really good chat with you Chris...
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:56 am

Greymattor,

You are doing very well here but are having a bad few days.

The rear jacking point is two parts. The vertical part between the two little drains in the rear inner sill, the inner upright which is the long panel with the round holes in it that runs the full length of the passenger cabin and the floor to sill panel vertical section that welds to the inner upright. You need to get three panel spot on re depth to all meet at the same height, drilled, weld through primmered, and plug welded. Not easy!!!

You could add a double strength patch on the horizontal part of the floor to sill panel to add strength on the upper horizontal side that you do not see once installed say 70 mm on each side of the jacking point fore and aft.

The other item is the contoured rear box section.

Some body shops just make a rectangular box and weld it on. I think you could do that. The other way if the item is rusty is to cut it off and have it made for you by a local body shop. Not a failure just like you do not build your own alternator, you subcontract that fabrication.

I believe that the MX5restorer has fabricated and sold some in the past but they will not be inexpensive.

Or you spend a day or so welding one up yourself but that only works if you are happy to spend say two days on each side of the car just to fab these closing contoured box sections.

I have every faith in you.

eddie
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:51 pm

Rear Jacking points.

My camera batteries need changed; I will put up some photos of the rear jacking points. Just to say the floor to sill panel between the two drain points has what appears to be and indent from above and the bottom level of the panel of two thicknesses of the panel below where it normally sits.

The simple way to give a similar strength part in my opinion is to cut two strips of the panel and weld it above the panel I will go out and clean up and take some pictures for you.
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Jacking Point as Taken.JPG
Jacking Point as Taken.JPG (423.98 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
OK, I have never looked at the rear jacking point reinforcement area before.

My car is a 1999 MK but I reckon built say October 2008 as it has the Mk1 front ABS sensors.

We have a picture.

The jacking point is an extension of the floor to sill panel some 4 mm nearer the ground just where it meets the rear tub crossmember pressing.

The lowest point is circa 4 mm below the level of the bottom of the existing floor to sill panel and if you look at the corrigations they are 2mm deep.
The length of that area is 90 mm, I would weld three thicknesses of say 1.2 to 1.6mm sheet to the area, the same 40mm width of that panel but I would increase lenght of the reinfored area to say 135mm to 180 mm.

There is nothing clever there re making the panel. As long as you make sure the drain holes are there and a bit bigger than standard.

As you will notice I have a small hole towards the front of that reinforced area on the floor to sill panel. The area has been derusted but the flash has made it look rusty.
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
graymattor
Regular

Postby graymattor » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:46 am

Hello Menders,

I just wanted to update you on my builds, the S-Limited and J Limited

Due to a change of circumstances (and heart) i have made the hard decision that i can no longer take on these projects, my wife and i are looking to relocate to Northumberland in the new year so i have a lot to do to the house to get it ready for selling, then once sold we will be moving in to rented until we can buy, so there will be no time or room for any of my projects so they have to go.

The S-ltd, this will be sold as parts and shell scrapped, not much more i can do with it! it is fully stripped except the engine and cut in to bits

The J-ltd, will get sold whole as a huge project, this has had a few panels rubbed down, bumpers removed, it needs extensive rust repairs all the usual's and the engine bay under the headlights, full repaint, new fly wheel and an oil leak.

I really hoped i could get both of these done but due to lack of enthusiasm, skill, and determination and now our future plans it is just not possible and i want to leave everything that is negative behind (cut my losses) to have a new fresh start.

Very few people know my plans and i thought i would tell you all first with how supportive you have all been.

I appreciate the time you have all taken to support me through the never ending journey
S-Ltd - Ongoing project, far from standard!
J-Ltd - (Mrs's) - New project, staying standard (ish)
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:25 pm

You will never get a negative response from me or anyone else on here for making this decision. We all sometimes start a project that just gets the better of us and knowing when to say enough is enough takes some doing.
Life changes as do priorities. Good luck on the house move, that's stressful enough.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Lumphammer

Postby Lumphammer » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:29 pm

Sorry to hear that Chris but life comes first, when life settles down I'm sure you'll get another project to work on :-)

All the best mate :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Tom
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:10 am

I hear that bud and sometimes they just over take, my drive is full with working and projects, ( i have a very understanding wife) :-D and i get disheartened when my personal builds take a back step to sort everyone elses out first, but i am determined to finish them all , lack of garage space and the body shop is my biggest problem, and many many times i have gotten to the point of saying " thats enough, i am done", but then you help that owner and put a smile on the face again, and it makes it all worth while.
Sometimes you needed to move forward and it sounds like your motivation for this is just finished and had its day, its a shame that you cannot moth ball the J ltd for the future man shed .
Don't be a stranger, your more than welcome to stay and give us abuse where needed buddy, good luck with the new doors opening for you and the family, its about you not the car buddy.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”